MiniTorque.com banner

821 - 828 of 828 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,841 Posts
I like the idea of a shell swap, although reckon youll throw more money at it doing additional jobs/improvements than repairing yours. Would be fun though.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #822
I like the idea of a shell swap, although reckon youll throw more money at it doing additional jobs/improvements than repairing yours. Would be fun though.
This is very true which is another reason why repairing it makes more sense but having a fresh start is nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
you'll still be buying rust somewhere, might be worth getting it thoroughly repaired with attention also to under arches etc, spending a bit more, even if it meant you removing a few parts to help a shop access parts they might otherwise mask around. Or gut it and dip it, e coat it, and go the resto route.

Reactions: MCMLF

·
Registered
2006 R53 Hyper Blue/White Cooper S
364 Posts
Have to agree a reshell may well trade the rust problem for others. Base of your car is lovely MCMLF think it's worth putting the money into addressing the issues for what it's worth mate 👍

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #825
Have to agree a reshell may well trade the rust problem for others. Base of your car is lovely MCMLF think it's worth putting the money into addressing the issues for what it's worth mate
Good to have other people’s opinions. It’s such a good spec car from factory. Heated front screen, auto wipers, cruise control, heated mirrors and washer jets etc only seen a couple of others for sale with the same spec.

·
Premium Member
3,111 Posts
Think yourself lucky you haven't had to go as far as Phil Morrison has with his E46. That escalated quickly!

If I had a big enough garage (constantly looking for a garage/worlshop to buy) I'd love to strip the Mini down to nothing & do a ground up restoration of it.

I'd probably start with the Mazda first, start with something a bit more straight forward!

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #827
Think yourself lucky you haven't had to go as far as Phil Morrison has with his E46. That escalated quickly!

If I had a big enough garage (constantly looking for a garage/worlshop to buy) I'd love to strip the Mini down to nothing & do a ground up restoration of it.

I'd probably start with the Mazda first, start with something a bit more straight forward!
Wouldn’t go near an E46 for this reason!

An Astro black shell would be good though....will keep my options open.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #828
Nah gonna bin it off. Let’s find a new car to ruin.

821 - 828 of 828 Posts