MiniTorque.com banner

801 - 820 of 838 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,933 Posts
Iv only ever bought brand new aftermarket wheels once and within a week some twat squeezed me that much on a quickish road I rashed them. I was furious.

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
One of my brand new pro race 1.2s fell over on the gravel drive face down as I was fitting them... Nearly fucking cried, so pissed off at myself!

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
215/45. They’re pretty chunky but don’t have a really square shoulder like an AD08r etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They're a bit smaller overall than the standard 205/45/17.

I think they'd look better with a 50 profile, in a 205 or even 215 width.

·
Premium Member
4,864 Posts
215/45 but on 16's, I'd have 50 minimum I think, but probably in 225 filling the arch better, adding grip, and correcting nearly all of the speed over read

Reactions: MCMLF

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #806
Well feel free to buy some for me these are only a few months old so might as well use them!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #807
They're a bit smaller overall than the standard 205/45/17.

I think they'd look better with a 50 profile, in a 205 or even 215 width.
Yeh next time I’ll 100% go for a 50 profile. Probably AD08r again the 205 is like a 215 almost so a 205/50 would look spot on.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #810
One of my brand new pro race 1.2s fell over on the gravel drive face down as I was fitting them... Nearly fucking cried, so pissed off at myself!
I managed to mark one of these taking them off! Undid the last wheel bolt and the wheel fell forward onto the socket.

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
Aaaaaargh!!

Buy another new wheel, sell this one....

Otherwise it will annoy you forever!

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #813
Got on the dyno today for a bit of a tweak on the map. Despite the 31c temps and mad amount of heat soak I was getting the car still made 226 at the wheels with WCF so would happily make 230+ on a cool day.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #815
Cleaned up the front wheel arches. Had some pretty bad rust going on. Thinking of just binning this car off and finding a cleaner shell.

·
Premium Member
3,134 Posts
Surface rust or proper holes?

Thinking of sending mine in for tidying up underneath as I don't have space to do it myself.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #817
Surface rust or proper holes?

Thinking of sending mine in for tidying up underneath as I don't have space to do it myself.
Surface rust but quite deep in places. Think it’s where it was run without the arch liners in...the brake line brackets are the worst.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #819
The front arch liners are there for a reason. Why do people remove them? They don't even look good when removed.
Think it was because it used to be on air but it has fucked up the arches and engine bay.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #820
At a crossroads with this car.

There’s some rust starting to poke through on the rear quarter just above the side skirt near where the arch trim starts. Add to the fact the metal under wheel arches has been cut away and is al starting to rust underneath on both sides I’m potentially going to look at buying another one and transferring parts...I could get it all repaired of course but these are so cheap now might as well find one that’s not rusting away.

What would everyone do in this situation?

Picture of rust below

801 - 820 of 838 Posts