MiniTorque.com banner

741 - 760 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #741
Had some ST XTAs delivered today.

Fitted them this evening in the dark because I’m impatient. Hoping that ceramic coating them will help them hold up a bit better than my last set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Resident Gobshite
4,145 Posts
I have a set of coilover socks if you want them? Bought them for my Mrs’ F56 but the rear suspension doesn’t allow for them so didn’t bother fitting them.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #743
I have a set of coilover socks if you want them? Bought them for my Mrs’ F56 but the rear suspension doesn’t allow for them so didn’t bother fitting them.
Weirdly enough I was looking at these today. Which ones are they? And how much would you want for them?

·
Resident Gobshite
4,145 Posts
Weirdly enough I was looking at these today. Which ones are they? And how much would you want for them?

I bought a set from Tegiwa imports. £20 posted?

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #748
Took the wheels off and gave them a clean up today. The amount of baked in brake dust from the carbotech was stupid. Basically like have brake pads stuck to your wheels.
Anyway a litre of wheel acid a whole clay bar and some fallout remover later...

Fitted the coilover socks too and also sealed up the coilover and wheels with KKD R-Evolve.

Really fucking need to sort all the surface rust out too.

·
Bugger
25,313 Posts
I'm in the process of fitting new subframes to mine, I managed to find a brand new rear on on eBay for £60 so its currently being coated in all the bilthamber stuff and I've got alloy rear arms to go on.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Worth checking the bulkhead in front of fuel tank if possible. Should be to see with a torch lying under the car. Mine was in very bad condition. If left will end up needing welding/MOT failure etc... I caught mine just in time thankfully

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #753
Worth checking the bulkhead in front of fuel tank if possible. Should be to see with a torch lying under the car. Mine was in very bad condition. If left will end up needing welding/MOT failure etc... I caught mine just in time thankfully

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
Yeh I’ve had a good look under when it’s been on ramps etc no where near as bad at that mainly just the subframes and bits attached to it.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #755
I'm in the process of fitting new subframes to mine, I managed to find a brand new rear on on eBay for £60 so its currently being coated in all the bilthamber stuff and I've got alloy rear arms to go on.
I need to do this just the thought of doing it myself on the floor outside makes me not want to.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #756
Lower ball joints are knocking like mad after dropped the subframe the other week. They were fucked anyway so think smacking the shit out of the control arms finally did them in.

Any tricks to getting the fuckers out of the hub as I’m sure it will be an absolute twat of a job.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #757
Ball joints were indeed a twat. Ended up taking the whole hub off for better access

Going to the change the inner ones at the weekend after seeing these.

Also had a GP intercooler turn up today so fitted that.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,407 Posts
Nice! Next time I replace mine I think I'll just replace the knuckles. That way I can work on them off the car. I might even put them through the blast cabinet and give them a splash of paint!

·
Registered
675 Posts
Discussion Starter #759
Nice! Next time I replace mine I think I'll just replace the knuckles. That way I can work on them off the car. I might even put them through the blast cabinet and give them a splash of paint!
I have a spare set off my old car I think I’ll do the same with. Need to do both subframes and sort the surface rust out around the petrol tank etc too.

741 - 760 of 814 Posts