MiniTorque.com banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Not a lot going on here...currently in the middle of moving house which is horrific. Solicitors are probably some of the worst people on the planet.
Once I’ve stopped spending stupid amounts of money to call someone up to ask them if they’ve sent a fucking email I will crack on with a few bits.

Had the sideksirts repainted the other week and fixed a few bits of trim here and there. Maybe a turbo is on the cards before the end of the year who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
976 Posts
Not a lot going on here...currently in the middle of moving house which is horrific. Solicitors are probably some of the worst people on the planet.
Once I’ve stopped spending stupid amounts of money to call someone up to ask them if they’ve sent a fucking email I will crack on with a few bits.

Had the sideksirts repainted the other week and fixed a few bits of trim here and there. Maybe a turbo is on the cards before the end of the year who knows.

Bet it's a nightmare at the moment due to everyone rushing to hit SDLT deadline. They're a pain in the arse at the best of times.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Fitted a Whiteline rear ARB this week. Not driven the car yet but looking forward to seeing what it’s like.

One of the easier jobs I’ve done.

On a side note I lost my front number plate somewhere between St Neots and Milton Keynes last Friday on the 421. Honestly I was doing 70 the whole way officer.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Trying to think what has happened since I last posted. We moved house and that was just a fucking horrible thing to do but now I have a nice garage to work in.

Front wheel bearings and outer ball joints are all new now. Then off to 1320 next month to have my AFR gauge installed.

I also dropped the sunroof out to change the outer seal as that had dropped down.

Sadly the car has done about 20 miles in the last month.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Visited 1320 on Monday and had the following done.

Superflex wishbone bushes to replace the shitty powerflex ones
Superflex front ARB bushes
Inner ball joints
AEM AFR gauge

Car feels so much better on the front end, need to get a 4 wheel alignment booked next.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Stopped off at 1320 the other day for a new timing chain, been having a few issues recently and the car has broken down a couple of times and then refused to start after.

Not sure if it was due to the stretched chain or something else but they did mention my torque axis on the map were weirdly out despite them never touching that. Had it all recalibrated and so far so good, also gained some low down torque where I had a really flat spot before. Very odd indeed.

Anyway I know I could’ve done the chain myself but sometimes working on a hard concrete floor just isn’t the one plus it was good to get the car out and drive it.

We also did a smoke test and I had a couple of vac leaks so wanted to 100% check that they were sorted now and happy to say they are.

Still need to turbo this one day.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts