MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just joined and looking to do a brake conversion on my GF's car and looking for some info.. I put some Porsche Brembos on my E46 M3 a few years back and it was cheap for a BBK and a great upgrade and just wondering is it possible to get a kit to to it on a Mini??

Say a set like this

PORSCHE 911 - 964 CARRERA 2 FRONT BRAKE CALLIPERS - BREMBO 4 POT | eBay

And do this..

Pelican Technical Article: MINI Cooper - Brembo Big Brake Kit Installation

I have Googled and Googled and cand seem to find a conversion kit of the exact size discs i would need.. Anyone done this or know where i could get some info on how to do it..

Cheers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Also if anyone has a BBK for sale i might be interest if this route gets too tricky...

Thanks

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just had a look at the pelican article. The brembo part number is clearly visible. Phone brembo uk with part number, job done!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just had a look at the pelican article. The brembo part number is clearly visible. Phone brembo uk with part number, job done!
Yea i saw that alright and i suppose then i will be able to find out the disc size when i have the calipers... Cheers

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Pretty sure they won't but I got some made up to fit TVR Tuscan 4 pot AP/Exige 2 Pot AP to fit an e36 I had previously as a local engineering shop for just £20/pair a few years ago.

Admittedly they were mild steel rather than ally & I had to paint them in HT paint, but 30 min with calipers & a steel rule was an easy job to do DIY.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts