MiniTorque.com banner

721 - 735 of 735 Posts

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #723 ·

That’ll be 280mm R56 JCW rear discs and the correct caliper carriers fitted painted the correct red

And the wheels back on

Fitted the studs to the other three wheels, didn’t fancy trying the front brakes as light was fading - the joys of a single garage in December

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #726 ·
Forgot a couple of it’s off the spec list so added the vibra tech mounts and R56 undertrays 😂
Once it stop snowing or been negative temperature I’ll get it back together for it’s first start in nearly 6 months...

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #727 ·

Last weekend the temperature hit the heady heights of 7degrees C so I got the car up on axle stands abs fitted the oem r56 handbrake cables and the rear section of the JCM exhaust to the janspeed with its decat pipe (JCM mid section has a cat in it) exhaust came with some extended O2 sensors so all was good.
Made my own camber gauge to get the wheels to a similar camber prior to getting it Mot’d and a basic alignment before I book in with Lohen for a proper set up.
On the downside the brakes were a little soft, as I’d run out of ATE type 200 brake fluid when I was bleeding them, so ordered another 2 litres for good measure, also the exhaust gasket leaks a little so new gasket and exhaust sealer on its way!

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #728 ·

Little bit of string theory to get the wheels all pointing in roughly the same direction as I’ve only gone and booked an MOT for tomorrow morning people please please
IF it passes I’m going to get it booked in at lohen for a proper setup.
Also did a bolt check and sorted out a few niggles like wear sensors and a full brake bleed

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,714 Posts
I've never paid for an alignment yet. Always string boxes for me (dental floss actually) and a digital vernier caliper

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #735 ·

Thought this was better than crocodile clips under the bonnet, thinking of mounting it in the boot.

721 - 735 of 735 Posts