MiniTorque.com banner

701 - 720 of 735 Posts

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #706 ·
Dropped off my brembo caliper brackets to be hard anodised, should have them back on Friday.
Looking into getting the oem Renault cap head bolts to fit the caliper to the bracket - just because they look better that the hex head bolts that came with the brackets 😂

Still waiting for:
Gp2 front discs - who knows when?!?
Rear caliper carriers - due tomorrow
Brembo Brake pad fitting kit - dispatched today

Planning on test fitting the rear carriers with the big discs, before I paint the carriers.

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #710 ·
17years ago today I picked up the car, brand new with 7 miles on the clock

Renault also know how to charge for bolts, caliper bolts x4 £54 please

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,906 Posts
My local dealers wouldn’t give me any discount in 2005, so I placed order via a broker
My car got put on a transporter to John Clarke in Aberdeen for its pdi then got delivered back to my door in North Oxfordshire (about 25 miles from where it was built) I think with 5 miles on the clock

Also if I’m going to get stung for delivery charges, I’m going to get my moneys worth.....🤪

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #712 ·
My local dealers wouldn’t give me any discount in 2005, so I placed order via a broker
My car got put on a transporter to John Clarke in Aberdeen for its pdi then got delivered back to my door in North Oxfordshire (about 25 miles from where it was built) I think with 5 miles on the clock

Also if I’m going to get stung for delivery charges, I’m going to get my moneys worth.....
I couldn’t get a penny off the car, there was. 4-5 month wait from order to delivery. This was the third (Dads e46 330d and my moms r50 Cooper) car ordered in as many months but still no discount!

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #713 ·
Got in the garage for 15 minutes,

Cleaned the hub up and threadlocked the studs in place.
Also the bda949, the 280mm disc and all is good apart from the 949 came in red, the wrong red

So scratched up brand new parts ready to paint in the morning

For comparison a spare standard r56 rear carrier and the jcw carrier

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #714 ·
Also if fitting r56 rear brakes and you fit r56 handbrake cables you need to use genuine ones as the europcar part ones are 5mm longer, which don’t work

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
factor brake cables are shit

·
Premium Member
5,605 Posts
😁

·
Registered
25 Posts
Nice work with the brakes.

Where did you get the hard anodising done on the brembo brackets, would like to do the same with mine.

·
Administrator
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #719 ·
Nice work with the brakes.

Where did you get the hard anodising done on the brembo brackets, would like to do the same with mine.
Found a local metal finisher, not cheap at £50 but I didn’t want them corroding

701 - 720 of 735 Posts