MiniTorque.com banner

641 - 660 of 664 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #641
Got some coilover socks to protect the AST’s from road crap, also ordered 2 pairs of Karl’s lovely rear arms.

Managed to get 3/4hour to myself so went for a little drive, first time I’ve have chance to enjoy the car on nice roads, had forgotten how well these cars handle! Started off on a bit of dual carriageway interspersed with round abouts- not sure why I didn’t put a quaife in years ago, the way it puts it power down is addictive the cup 2’s are next level they just deploy the power to the road no drama it just goes.

It’s loud, but I like the pronounced bangs when attempting to perfect heel and toe downshifts

Had a message to say my new wagon in built and has left the factory so should be at the dealers late this week or the first week in April so looking forward to picking that up and getting some miles on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #642
Monday was new daily day...

Already done 600miles in it and it’s going well, time to sort out the next stage of the mini.

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #644
Spent a few hours sorting out the rear end of the mini

Bought a £20 sand blasting attachment for the pressure washer to clean up the spots of corrosion on my nearly new rear subframe, came up well, just made a huge mess in the back garden!

Treated the bare metal with bilt hamber’s rust converter and primed with their zinc primer.

Also picked up a full set of Karl’s finest rear arms

Still need to have a play with the front coilovers to get them sitting how I want

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts
Bought a £20 sand blasting attachment for the pressure washer to clean up the spots of corrosion on my nearly new rear subframe, came up well, just made a huge mess in the back garden!

Link please Pobsey :)

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #648
Please tell me you used a decent dust mask. Silicosis is no joke
Edit...actually you should be fine, I'm getting my compressors mixed up with my pressure washers
Don’t worry, I used protection FFP3 valved dust mask, suitable for asbestos containing air. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #649
This lunch time was painting day

Went with a buzzweld 2k reinforced paint used on the rear cross member of defenders, remember kids 2k paint is nasty stuff so I was fully suited and masked, like I was having a rave without music on a Thursday afternoon

·
Registered
431 Posts
That S-50 is good stuff, all my subframes now have the internals coated with it, so easy to use also either the attachment.

Good work

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #654
Drive the car on Saturday, took my son to football training, really enjoyed it, rolled over 55,000 miles in 15 years 7 months...

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #655
Used it twice in a week, then I broke it! Gear cable popped off the cae, I was lucky that I was selecting reverse to get onto the garage! Tried to get the cable back on from the top - no chance had to drop the exhaust and do it that way.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
When that happened to my CAE we used a long tool with a hook on the end to pull the cup back onto the balljoint. Took a few attempts but all done in situ without removing any parts apart from the gaitor.

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #660
When that happened to my CAE we used a long tool with a hook on the end to pull the cup back onto the balljoint. Took a few attempts but all done in situ without removing any parts apart from the gaitor.

Was it the fore and aft or the left/right?

the left / right one keeps popping off mine which is the one furthest forward and is impossible to get to from the top

641 - 660 of 664 Posts