621 - 640 of 664 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #623
Right back to it!

After last weekends issues:

My daily 330d has been written off through no fault of mine

New car ordered but have a 6-7week wait whilst it’s made, insurers will only give me the hire car until next weekend so mini is been fixed ASAP!

Wheels booked in for refurb and Cup 2’s been fitted

New windscreen booked in for tomorrow.

Going to put it back together over Saturday/Sunday with it’s mot for next weekend I hope!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
Fuck that's unpleasant,

Hope you're ok

Yes well the insurance will only give you a car until a decision is made, if you're buying another off the main dealer it wouldn't be out of the question for them to put you in a loaner of the bodyshop or service departments or potentially one of the salesmen's demo's, seeing as this will be the second car in a short period maybe? Bit of dealer support etc?

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #625
Everyone is doing ok, that’s the damage after an out of control 107 hits you whilst you’re doing 50mph...

I opted for maximum discount, so doubt they would be willing to help much more :)

Just gives me a reason to pull my finger out get it sorted ready for the summer!

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,629 Posts
Al that isn’t very nice, aiming for April 2019
Do you need anything else to be on the road ?
I have spare everything....:tongue_smilie:

What wheels are you getting tarted up td 1 ?

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #628
G
Do you need anything else to be on the road ?
I have spare everything....:tongue_smilie:

What wheels are you getting tarted up td 1 ?
Td 1.2’s in a bright silver possibly satin finish

Got all the bits just need to stick them back on the car!

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
so much life in those feds

autoglass? you checked for breakages?

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #631
The feds were shot, showing cord on the front two and cracking on the rear.
To be fair the guy who did the screen was spot on, plenty of protection, no issues, think it helped I stayed out and watched like a hawk!

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
ha yeah, they don't like being watched, they fitted a new screen to my Transit which I couldn't do anything about as it was my brothers claim but even that needs the wipers setting again and I don't think the heater is working so I'll get him to call and test the guarantee haha

mine crack across the tread which is normal for them in track use, apparently. I could see one looked edgy in your pic, I need to swap mine as they're really low now....

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #637

I wasn’t leaving it to the last minute, at 8:30 last night I was hard at work getting it ready for its mot today, my mechanic friend picked it up and it made it to the garage without incident and they say these minis aren’t reliable

Should find out what it fails on after lunch time...

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #640
I've missed the noise, the bangs and pops. Took my son to football training, then had a play with the suspension a little moving away from the base settings on the compression, kept the rebound as is to start with need more driving to make an informed decision.

621 - 640 of 664 Posts