MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 670 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Pobsey's ongoing project - actually doing stuff this year!

My 2003 Cooper S, ordered in September 2003 and collected 10th December the same year, went to order a Red/White R50 and a cheeky test drive later I was making a call to insurers to see if they would cover me on a R53 due to the Mini being my first car, so had 0yrs NCB
The first time I saw my car:

The Interior:

Then the modding started:

Mod list
::performance::
Alta intake
Miltek Cat Back
Miltek manifold with stock cat - Replaced with Janspeed and stock cat
5th Gen Supercharger with Alta 15% pulley
Heat reflective gold tape applied to Alta Intake and throttle body plastic tube
DIY ported intake manifold and intercooler horns - exterior smoothed and painted metallic grey
GRS Intercooler - Motorsport version in black
M7 Heat Blanket
M7 Air diverter
Fidanza Lightweight flywheel
Kavs clutch with stock cover and Helix uprated release bearing
Quaife LSD

::Brakes::
R56 front calipers
ATE Type 200 fluid
JCW sport discs (Drilled and slotted)
HEL brake lines in red
Stock pads

::Handling::
Eibach Lowering springs - Replaced with koni coilovers Replaced with AST5200
Eibach Rear control arms
Eibach Camber plates Replaced with AST front and rear
KAVS lower arm spacers 22mm
JCW strut Brace Replaced with M7
OMP lower front brace
AST Drop links front and Rear
Rear boot brace
Mini Convertible front braces
215/40/17 595 RSR tyres
Superpro offset castor bushes and steering rack bush
Engine and Gearbox completely polybushed
Replaced upper and lower void filler with Powerflex complete bush
Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 17x8 et 39
Mini one front anti roll bar 16mm
GTT mid brace

::Interior::
JCW Seats in full black leather - Replaced with Recaro Pole Positions from an Audi TT Sport with steel side mounts
JCW alcantara hand brake and gear stick gators
Black dial faces with black needle centres - replaced with genuine GP dials
Colour matched rev counter ring
Colour coloured (body colour) lower centre console
Matt Black upper centre console legs
OEM centre arm rest
Icelink Ipod link in arm rest
Full Alcantara pilars, dash top and sun visors
Glovebox and driverside cubby replaced with shelf also covered in Alcantara
Rear Seats removed
Airbag ring painted satin black
Steering wheel spokes warped in alcantara inc. the MFSW spokes
Indicator and wiper stalks painted satin black with rear wiper disabled
CAE shifter with custom wooden knob in Porsche Guards Red
Custom headliner in tartan by Loz
C pillar covers have seatbelt holes deleted and wrapped in alcantara
Smoothed and colour coded interior sill plastics
Retro fitted auto dimming interior mirror

::Exterior::
Red Mirror caps - Gone Back to White mirrors
Aero front bumper
Aero Side skirts
Custom small number plate holder on front bumper
Colour coded:
Front Grille Surrounds (Facelift)
Door handles
Fuel Cap
Headlight rings
Headlight internals
Side grilles
Blacked out belt line
Blacked out MINI badges
De badged (Cooper S)
Custom exhaust heat sheild
Custom De Chromed rear lights
Honda S2000 antenna
Shortie number plates
M7 vortex scoop painted in Dark silver
Aero spoiler
GP rear bumper trim and inserts
Orranje vented A panels

::power::
Lohen Dyno
235.5bhp
261Nm

1320 Dyno
203.7whp

::Future Plans::
Injectors and remap - (Injectors got)
Fit cat cam (got)
OEM twin Gauge pod (Got)with Innovate AFR and Oil temp/pressure gauges
Oil Sump drilled and tapped for oil temp sensor (possible get it baffled at the same time)
Setrab Oil cooler - mounted to front crash beam
R56 Rear axle with powder coated subframe and poly bushed
Custom heat shield for the Alta intake
Fit uprated rear arb

T

·
0 Posts
Pobsey, loving that black interior dial!! Where did you obtain that from?

Car looks great! Also like the colour coded grille surrounds and handles. I'm debating what to do with my grille at the moment and the same body colour had not occurred to me. Probably will go black but still great feature. Nice!!

·
Supercharger Junkie!
498 Posts
Car looks mint but then Ive tod you that before!

So need to get you to paint some more of my car as chrome sucks! ;)

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That needle isn't back on straight :p Car's looking very well Rob, loving the new black dials too!! What power are you running at the mo?
Arrr but it is, when you start the car the needle rises to the mark ;) dont know the power, pre facelift with miltek cat back and miltek manifold (but with stock cat) and an alta CAI so about 170-175 as a guess I might be well off the mark with that but all I know it sounds mint!!!

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
Arrr but it is, when you start the car the needle rises to the mark ;) dont know the power, pre facelift with miltek cat back and miltek manifold (but with stock cat) and an alta CAI so about 170-175 as a guess I might be well off the mark with that but all I know it sounds mint!!!
Haha awesome :p Just a question too, where did you get your short reg plates from? Have wanted some smaller ones for ages! And were the lights a bugger to sort out when you put the facelift ones on and make the rear centre light the fog?

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they are my orginal plates, just measured and cut them with a hacksaw then filed them smooth ;) Then had to make the plate holder for the aero bumper shorter to match the plate, just cut a section out of the middle and glued it back together, then stuck the bit I'd cut out on the back of the holder to give it some strength,

The rear lights were simple enough to do, theres a how to on the 'other' mini forum, just needed to cut 2 cables and add abit more, think it took about 15-20 minutes to do,

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the regs were when I did mine 13mm all round the digits and 10mm between them, its been through 2 MOTs without a problem,

·
Bugger
25,316 Posts
its a pity bmw didnt let you do the GP as that sir is one very well finished car.

Reactions: Pobsey

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Im fitting polybushes to the front control arms on saturday, but apart from that I dont know yet would like some coilovers and wheels to complete the look and then pulley and brakes to give it some more go, oh and replace the stock interwarmer with one of Grahams intercoolers

·
Premium Member
3,669 Posts
Your plans sound good. :)

I think a nice set of wheels would set it off a treat.

Oh, I was also meaning to ask you, how come you have the front aero bumper, skirts but no rear bumper? Just personal preference, or is that in the pipeline too?

Regards,

James.

T

·
0 Posts
Im fitting polybushes to the front control arms on saturday, but apart from that I dont know yet would like some coilovers and wheels to complete the look and then pulley and brakes to give it some more go, oh and replace the stock interwarmer with one of Grahams intercoolers
When you change the bushes you are not going to believe how much it changes the steering. You'll love it. Good list of mods there too. I've done all that except the pulley and I am over the moon with the results. Front strut brace is worth considering too.

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
When you change the bushes you are not going to believe how much it changes the steering. You'll love it. Good list of mods there too. I've done all that except the pulley and I am over the moon with the results. Front strut brace is worth considering too.
already got upper, lower and the convertable braces on the front, they all add together to work really well together,

·
Premium Member
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Your plans sound good. :)
Oh, I was also meaning to ask you, how come you have the front aero bumper, skirts but no rear bumper? Just personal preference, or is that in the pipeline too?

Regards,

James.
I wasn't that taken by the rear bumper, so didn't bother with it, I still think about going back to a stock from bumper, but I really like the front end of the car in its current state :D

B

·
0 Posts
Very nice. Love the colour coding of the grill and headlights. I considered doing the headlights on mine, but changed my mind at the 11th hour. The joey mod is pretty cool too.

1 - 20 of 670 Posts