MiniTorque.com banner

Plastidip on side repeaters - success!

8K views 41 replies 15 participants last post by  eightball103 
#1 ·
I was looking for some smoked side repeaters and decided to just experiment with some Plastidip I had left over from doing my headlight rings.

I did a fairly thin coat so the orange still shines through, though just enough for the lenses to appear perfectly black. The pictures make the orange appear dull but it's actually fairly bright.

It's a matt finish, being Plastidip, and it looks really nice IMO and I'm pleased with the overall look.

Decent idea if anyone's thinking of getting dark repeaters.

Pictures:

Car Vehicle door Vehicle Automotive exterior Door handle
Vehicle door Automotive exterior Vehicle Car Grille
Vehicle door Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Headlamp Automotive lighting

See less See more
#13 ·

Success? Your happy with that horrible orange peel finish and chavvy black lights. They look bloody awful! Do it properly and cc them...

View attachment 15436

Not the best picture to show the finish i know :lol:
I don't really know what your aim is.

Fine if it's not to your taste. I'm not often going to be looking at them from 6 inches away to notice the slight orange peel. They look fine to me.

If you aren't a fan don't call them 'bloody awful' as I'm clearly happy enough with them.

If you don't have anything other than abuse to contribute then don't. Constructive criticism I can deal with but "Success? Your happy with that horrible orange peel finish and chavvy black lights. They look bloody awful! Do it properly and cc them..." is just having a go.

I don't really know what you're trying to show me with that picture, I just see frost.

#33 ·
Plasti-dip is fine for checking if you like the look of something first but there are so many better alternatives for a permanent finish. I'd think it will need to be peeled off those repeaters to get through an MOT.

Also good for a hobo wheel refurb on a car you're about to sell to buy an R53. Not that I would ever do such a thing :D

#34 ·
So at least when he causes an accident because no one can see his indicator light on a rainy shitty night, he can quickly peel the plasticoat off them before the cops arrive...

#39 ·
Maybe, but as I said, the reason I used Plastidip was purely experimental. It was left over, I wanted to see how it turned out as I had no use for the rest of the Plastidip. Turned out reasonably fine in my eyes, and it's by no means permanent.

If I liked it and wanted to keep it that would be up to me and I'd do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.