MiniTorque.com banner

101 - 120 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
471 Posts
Remember with the rear bumper it has to be an R52 bumper as it has cutouts for the boot hinges and a drivers side exit exhaust cut out

as for the missing hinge cover, never noticed that!

·
Registered
421 Posts
eBay will provide you with a decent steering wheel and airbag for around £100. I have often seen R52 rear bumpers and boot hinge covers on there too. All for decent money.

A lot of gen1 Minis are disappearing from the roads and their parts are helping keep the survivors going.

·
Registered
2005 R52 One Convertible (The Smoker)
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
eBay will provide you with a decent steering wheel and airbag for around £100. I have often seen R52 rear bumpers and boot hinge covers on there too. All for decent money.

A lot of gen1 Minis are disappearing from the roads and their parts are helping keep the survivors going.
Cheers Nige, will keep an eye out in the New Year...wheel is definitely the priority.

Bit the bullet and bought a couple of genuine used chilli red PDC sensors as there was 5% off if buying 2 and they are tested with a 90 day warranty. Figured I might have a go at dropping the bumper and sorting myself

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Fixed the passenger seat recline issue!

This article (option A) sorted it.....feels like you are going to bust the seat but it worked perfectly!

If your backrest recline lever ever gets stuck do try this, promise it works!!

....however squat on the seat facing out the front of the car and use your ass to do the hitting....works much better and no pain!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Cheers Nige, will keep an eye out in the New Year...wheel is definitely the priority.

Bit the bullet and bought a couple of genuine used chilli red PDC sensors as there was 5% off if buying 2 and they are tested with a 90 day warranty. Figured I might have a go at dropping the bumper and sorting myself
You can get to all the sensors with out needing to remove the rear bumper, well I have on my R52 (but ours is an S with a centre exhaust).

·
Premium Member
581 Posts
Fixed the passenger seat recline issue!

This article (option A) sorted it.....feels like you are going to bust the seat but it worked perfectly!

If your backrest recline lever ever gets stuck do try this, promise it works!!

....however squat on the seat facing out the front of the car and use your ass to do the hitting....works much better and no pain!!!

Fantastic news glad to see bumming your seat fixed the problem haha

The best fixes are always the free ones, must be well chuffed.

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
471 Posts
Nice one with the seat, I didn’t want to mess with it as it was in a fairly decent position anyway and the last time I did on the seats I took out i buggered up the mechanism!

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
You can get to all the sensors with out needing to remove the rear bumper, well I have on my R52 (but ours is an S with a centre exhaust).
Cheers chap will have a look at some point see if its doable (y)

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Fantastic news glad to see bumming your seat fixed the problem haha

The best fixes are always the free ones, must be well chuffed.
:ROFLMAO:

Yeah made up mate, one of those situations where I was 100% convinced it either wouldnt work or Id properly bugger it but committed anyway and was pleasantly surprised 👍

Needs quite a bit of force and gives a very un-nerving bang as the mechanism gives but all very worthwhile 👍👍

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Nice one with the seat, I didn’t want to mess with it as it was in a fairly decent position anyway and the last time I did on the seats I took out i buggered up the mechanism!
Cheers Jim Im chuffed mate! Ironically it was already in the position I like anyway but at least its now fully functional.

Makes the deal you got on the seats even better in my book!!👍👍

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Well....now I have two working sensors!

Got the bumper off, replaced the one supposedly faulty....put the bumper somewhat in situ to find the one ive replaced works...the other three dont 🤣🤣

Didnt matter what I did with the existing ones they were no good so as it stands ive left the two good ones in the centre with the corner ones dead for now. i did swap the corner ones around but no joy.

In any case no more continual blare in reverse and both middle sensors work perfectly so I have most of a PDC solution for now.

Interestingly whilst the existing corner sensors tick....they dont anywhere near as loudly/strongly as the ones I bought as replacements (genuine but used) so guess the elements/life have just eventually gotten to them so have binned them.....thing is 16 years old and had a couple of rear end knocks after all.

So will look to source two more used genuine ones in the new year and get the others sorted.....but its been a good day for the smoker, what with the seat!! 👍👍👍👍

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
Indeed just a turn of phrase 🤣

I felt it deserved a name and being that it cost barely 4 figures, has its share of battle scars (minor but they are there) and probably is driven unlike most One Convertibles (in other words gets smoked around) much of the time it seemed appropriate......calling it a 1k shitbox would have been pretty unfair to it (y)

101 - 120 of 146 Posts