Well the name 'The Smoker' is becoming quite apt......the rocker gaskets started to leak and Im getting lots of clutch judder so wouldnt be surprised if the rear main is now letting by.
Drove it after letting it stand for a few days and on giving it some beans with the window open, it bloody stank! 😂......hey the thing has done 118k and is still turnkey reliable so it can be forgiven 👍
Was planning on having the rocker gasket and rear main seal done in any case when it eventually goes to my mates place, guess I'll best get it sorted sooner rather than later 😂😂
Both door armrests replaced....a bit of a mixed bag as the leather on the ones Ive removed is in better condition but the replacements have all their tabs.....figure id rather they fit properly than threaten coming off at any given point.
Also swapped the jack out as the one that was already in the car was literally just rot 😂😂
A pic of the offending article, think its jacking days are well and truly done!😂😂🤣🤣
Id ordered a can of Chilli Red Hycote double acrylic paint and some cheapo detail brushes from amazon....as both had arrived, the weather was good and I had some light I set about finally painting my unpainted hinge cover (probably the most expensive bit of plastic ive ever purchased!) which I have to say came out v well really.
As I was at it, I used some of the paint and a brush to touch up the worst of the chips as well......probably doesnt stand up that well to up close visual inspection but stood near looks a damn sight better (the top of the bumper particularly looked almost like it had been sandblasted 😂) and for a 16 year old cheap car thats far from concourse its a good result 👍