MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Managed to get a good few jobs done this past month, much more fun putting it back together I know that.

Floorpan, rear bulkhead and arches all de-rusted, zinc 182 primered and sprayed with Gravitex.

Gave the engine bay a quick refresh and loosely fitted freshly powder coated subframe.

Started building up the back end, just waiting on few bolts and drop links. Busy trying to refurb my Gaz Golds too, hopefully they turn out ok.

Both shock mount threads and front bush threads have been helicoiled as they were looking a bit ropey despite my best effort to take em out with care. Should also make future bolt removal a breeze too :)

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Helicoiling the arms, easy as pie.

Rear shocks to be cleaned up, watch this space.

Adj control arms to be cleaned up

Picked up a Mini One bonnet as I plan to go front mount with whatever engine route I go, still undecided...turbo maybe, not sure yet
Also got a new tailgate as my rear glass is shocking and panel is pretty rusty.

Next really is continue building rear end up, was about to start running brake lines but need a few different fittings for the rear brake bias valve and a couple m12 fittings for the master cylinder.
Plan is to get it back rolling then I can start dismantling the engine, will give it a refresh, nothing crazy just shells, rings, chain and have the head reconditioned. Then ill decide wether to continue with the standard engine or start buying turbo components hmmmm

21 - 24 of 24 Posts