MiniTorque.com banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #42 (Edited)
And have been sorting out/modding the air filter housing so had got together this little lot:

Which now looks like this:

realise K&N sticker is upside down - doh!!

Super happy with it, Still needs to be finished off (bulkhead section to be glued/siliconed, bulkhead to be cut and a few finishing touches) but pretty much ready to go back!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
Also removed and cleaned the lower half as there was all sorts of wildlife and oily deposits inside so from this:

to this:

And during all this also found that the original inlet hose was starting to perish so good job I have a Pro silicon replacement

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
Nice work.
thanks
Nice one!

Think most of the intake hoses are like that now, changed mine for silicone too.
Thanks,
I suspect your right. Going on age most original rubber parts will be on their last legs and that’s before you add in any heat, oil, fuel etc.

I purchased a spare pair of front uprights and whilst in generally good condition they were a little skanky:

so got them all stripped down:

virtually every bolt and screw was rusted in position so not the easiest things to breakdown. Neither were the lower ball joints - they must of taken at least 20mins each to remove (involving much hammering) and really not a job I would have liked to have done on the car.
Now partially cleaned up with all the fixing surfaces de-rusted and looking significantly nicer:

More to come on these soon....

41 - 48 of 48 Posts