·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PEAK DISTRICT MINI MEET & RUN WEEKEND

almighty 2_39 by Dale Thour, on Flickr

Main Sunday morning route details below
DATE: Sunday 8th April
TIME: from 08.00 if having breakfast (Leave at 9.00am)
START: The Ladybower inn S33 0AX
1st STOP: Ye Olde Mustard Pot, S36 4GW,
2nd STOP: Holme Moss CarPark HD9 2QH
FINISH: The Ladybower inn S33 0AX
ROUTE LENGH: 48 miles
ROUTE DURATION: 1hr 27mins (drive time)

Link to Sunday's route plan: https://goo.gl/maps/u6hiGDE9N9w

If you have facebook could you please RSVP on there aswell
Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/1541221602581758/

Facebook Numbers: Going:35 Interested:150

MINI Torque Attendees:
Going:
Dale90

Maybe:

***THIS MINI MEET & RUN IS A WEEKENDER AS WELL AS A SUNDAY MORNING HOON***
Above you will find the Sunday morning details.
Below are the weekend details.

... Hotel Details/plan ...
We will be staying at the Palace hotel Buxton, Link -> https://www.britanniahotels.com/hote...-hotel-buxton/
It is down to you weather you prefer to do just the 1 night or 2 nights. I myself with a few others will be doing 2 nights so we can make the most of the trip!
Curently prices are £109 for double on Saturday night or for Sunday night as well its £158!
You also don't have to pay until arrival & can cancel before 2pm on the day with a full refund.
Prices will increase the more people book up so you best get in quick!

… Weekend Plans ...

. Saturday .
Leaving Toddington services at 11 we will commence our Journey to the Peak District. We should aim to arrive at the hotel at 3pm.
Once checked in will we go out for a exploration drive. After that, seeing as most of us have driven for quiet a bit then I would of thought the majority would be up for using the Spa facilities for pure relaxation 👍
Coming into the evening, Buxton has a few places for nightlife. In particular a cocktail bar which has been one of the better rated places to go, which is in walking distance from the hotel. If anyone has other ideas then I'm open to hear them!

. Sunday .
Meeting at the ladybower Inn from 8am for breakfast & then leaving there at 9am to commence the main run route.
Should see us back at the ladybower inn gone 11am. After this it's entirely up to you on what you want to do. I'm staying another night so for the rest of the Sunday I would like to do a pass through on the cat & fiddle or even a re run of the route we have just done but in the other direction!

Sunday Morning route plan map

Screenshot 2017-04-03 14.41.24 by Dale Thour, on Flickr

·
I have a green shifter
1,193 Posts
Yea I’ll most probably be there!

I’ll book up. No idea if the car will be ready. Maybe I’ll pick it up from the garage on the way like last year haha. Worst case I cancel for free beforehand. Was a good laugh last year
Nah mate, I’ll come pick you up failing that! You will be there in a turbo car one way or another :)

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
Yea I’ll most probably be there!

Nah mate, I’ll come pick you up failing that! You will be there in a turbo car one way or another :)
Haha, sweet, I might hold you to that.

I’ll wave as you drive past! I’m half hour from Buxton
Lollers!! Come and join in?

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
Is my none turbo r50 welcome? Shouldn’t have a wheel gap by then ;)
You won't be slower than some of them last year lol, everyone's welcome.

We have an X reg 1.4 Astra Bokers, no way gonna keep up with you guys!
Give it to me and I'm sure I can give it a go!

·
Registered
689 Posts
You won't be slower than some of them last year lol, everyone's welcome.

Give it to me and I'm sure I can give it a go!
This is true me and bokers could have been the most stressed people of the day stuck behind dawdlers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sounds like a good event.
Think I’m busy on the Sunday but would be happy to pop up Saturday afternoon for a raz round.

Spend a fair bit of time in the peaks with the Lotus club, we go for a drive and breakfast in the peaks at least every couple of week in the summer.

·
Premium Member
6,428 Posts
Sounds like a good event.
Think I’m busy on the Sunday but would be happy to pop up Saturday afternoon for a raz round.

Spend a fair bit of time in the peaks with the Lotus club, we go for a drive and breakfast in the peaks at least every couple of week in the summer.
Great! Come down if you can. What places/times do you lot normally go out?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts