MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chop it
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just drove off very slowly from my parents and got a P0107 code (MAP/BARO) circuit low input.

Why the hell is my ASC light on too?

I presume this is the map sensor but is there anything else that it could be, I change the intercooler yesterday but have driven 50 miles, its all sealed so I do not think that's the issue. I cleared the codes and even without the engine running I get a DTC for the P0107

Any ideas?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Not sure what the codes mean however I'm having issuse with the ASC light and engine light at mo. I am having the MINI remapped on wednesday because the standard software can no longer cope with my engine mod's. Maybe yours is a similar issue???

·
Chop it
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All Fixed!

Thanks to my ever increasing storage of parts I had a sensor down at the porting and polishing development area!

The ASC light apparently stays on to tell you that the engine is not running correctly, a bit of a second EML if you will. This information was from other BMW sites.

The fault was indeed the MAP sensor and within 2 mins of receiving it I had replaced it and removed the error code, started it and rolled it back for a quick drive! all is good

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
All Fixed!

Thanks to my ever increasing storage of parts I had a sensor down at the porting and polishing development area!

The ASC light apparently stays on to tell you that the engine is not running correctly, a bit of a second EML if you will. This information was from other BMW sites.

The fault was indeed the MAP sensor and within 2 mins of receiving it I had replaced it and removed the error code, started it and rolled it back for a quick drive! all is good
Also DSC/ASC light comes ON with to small pulley and to much boost. As you see it's a MAP sensor.

·
Chop it
3,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had the 17% for a while now so don't think that caused it as I was driving at 10mph when it came on. Also the error was present before the car was even started.

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
I had the 17% for a while now so don't think that caused it as I was driving at 10mph when it came on. Also the error was present before the car was even started.
So that isn't a problem, because even with 19% with stock intercooler you must pushing car hard to get a DSC light.

·
The Lord of the Minis.
869 Posts
Yesterday, the engine light warning was on. After that the start started slowing down after it stopped as if some electrical problem happened. After resetting the problem the car runs ok. I haven't done much kms but it seems ok.

The problem code was exactly the same, the P0107. Should I change the sensor you mentioned before? Where is it exactly located?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts