MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv been on a lot over the years and was recently a member of a Volvo one, which I am happily no longer. The Focus ST one was aweful.
They are quite inactive and have only a few helpful members. The rest I find quite challenging to communicate with.
So hats off to this forum and its users. (y)

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,418 Posts
We really need to start spamming the Facebook groups with links to useful stuff thats held on here to drive traffic up. I did suggest to Ben that we mailshot lapsed subscribers and Facebook group members but now on having difficulty getting in touch with him

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Don’t get me started on lazy ass people on Facebook.
Fuck. Every second question is “what’s the best tyres” “how much mpg should I get”
“What’s the best oil”

Ffs I have to leave the groups in the end. No one can be bothered to do some research and add to the community

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Theres a couple of sluts on here that also FB the same as they post on here and it offends me 🤣

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
238 Posts
I’m not on Facebook and happy for it!

Im only in this forum for the car but am on a couple of model and real railway forums but that’s it

·
Registered
128 Posts
I bought a Z3 years ago, joined the owners forum as I figured a bit of advice here & there would be handy. Very quickly came to hate the car & proclaimed it loudly on the boards. I got banned. Never been banned from anywhere before. Touchy lot the BMW lads :LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
The forums can be helpful but faceballs is not much help - at best, it's just Brits doing banter. I think the only valuable contribution recentklly has been the e46 master cylinder which I'd want to look into.

As to forums, I tend to stick to this one, and the 911uk for the other motor: it does have a few actual spannermen and engineers as well as a significant participation of 'aero kit and alcantara' guys who are still hung up on which-fucking-spacers. I refuse to read the whats-it-worth threads. A car is not a store of value, it is not and will never be an investment, and you need to account for the carry cost.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,629 Posts
Your investment is in “fun”, or smiles per mile and memories
And that don’t happen in a barn under a cover.

my jcw roadster is vin coded 001, could be worth a fair bit in 20 years time at the sub 3k mileage I picked it up at. I am 2nd owner after Bmw uk.

now over 10k and been on track at silverstone/Bedford/dunsfold/rockingham
and currently sporting several modifications to what I call GP 2.75 spec
and if I don’t sell it then any paper gain would be academic 🦖

1 - 12 of 12 Posts