1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

please bear with me if waiting

forum doesn't work right on phone, and I can't think

car pulled out on me Friday so helicopter to Stoke.

I'm ok. Can't find stuff on here, poss morphine haha

I'm lucky but bike not good

Thrown over 20ft so battered etc broken foot, other ankle, wrist, bit of leg

Waiting for more scans, and screws or plates in feet Tuesday..........

·
Registered
411 Posts
Ouch. Hope you get back on you're feet soon.

If you have a chance can you PM me about what you want to do with the parts. Don't mind holding them for you for a bit.

·
Premium Member
4,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Hi All,

Thanks for kind wishes,

I was delivered home by ambulance Thursday night and am mobile at home sort of haha.

It's amazing how much we take the use of our feet for granted isn't it? I still haven't got used to how difficult it is to move. I can get on a sofa that has been raised up, but getting off is an adventure all on it's own!

I know I'm extremely lucky, and compared to what could have been, I have to be thankful I only have the injuries I have.

So soft tissue stuff isn't diagnosed, and I guess with the subsequent visits to hospital locally I might get some other form of tests I don't know. Right now I have the left side of my left foot broken in two places, the left side of my right ankle broken in two places and is held together with two screws, sprained the right side of the right ankle, broken the head of my right fibula, done something to my left wrist but don't know what so it has a splint, and my right wrist is broken at the radius. Other stuff is my knees, shoulders, abdomen and groin, pelvis, back etc. My fuel tank according to the police has been collapsed by my gentleman's area which is all very sore inside along with the rest of that whole area. Sitting up isn't good after a while, and I get about on a gutter crutch for my right, and conventional crutch for the left.

After an initial assessment at home on Friday, we have commode type chairs temporarily, to raise the toilet heights and provide arms for me to use to lean against so I can get up, and we're waiting for some handrails to be fitted for both plus for the stairs in particular I struggle to use. I have to push my self up on the right side crutch and reach across myself with the left hand to hold the rail. Interesting really, rather precarious in the eyes of the assessor. They'll install a rail for the left of the stairs too to avoid this.

The main thing is that I still have, and have the use of everything. Lost some feeling in a few toes which they say should improve. Inside I worry about a bit, and a big lump on my right leg which was black too, but has improved, left leg has a lump in the same place, basically where I was forced past the wider top part of the fuel tank. Really so lucky. The boot on my right foot was taken off Thursday morning and it was plastered like the left, but Saturday I had to have it removed due to some problems, and tomorrow we'll see what they do with it. I'm ok with them plastering it again if it's less painful. I think my foot was the wrong angle which was part of the issue, and with weight on which they say was ok on this foot, the cast was too tight and my ankle swelled inside too. Quite hideous really, if I had something to do it I'd have tried to get it off Thursday night as it was making me feel claustrophobic. Anyway it's off now.

Pissed off about the bike naturally. It's held by the Police right now. They said they had to pick it up with a hiab. That didn't impress me as they've maybe damaged even more. I'll get it back and assess it myself initially but it doesn't sound good. The investigating officer also said the front wheel had shattered and the forks are flopping about. I can see coolant on the forks from the picture here. Lucky I got these really, a passer by happened to be a marshal for the TT and was helpful prior to the ambulances arriving, and later asked if I'd like some documentary pictures when he knew I had my phone, so he took a few.

Quite surreal really looking at these, not the sort of thing anyone usually gets to see I guess, you can see the broken line on the left the car drove out from, turning right, across my path. I tried to get the bike toward the middle of the road hoping she'd see me and stop but she just accelerated out. I had no chance. National speed limit road too. The Police are working with the highways agency apparently, to see if there's something that can be done to avoid this again. They said I'd have had almost no chance of avoiding it, after seven hours of investigation and reconstruction of the scene with the road closed.

In North Wales.
20180629_164733 - Copy.jpg
View attachment 89245
20180629_164827[2] - Copy.jpg
20180629_164907 - Copy.jpg
20180629_164758[2] - Copy.jpg
20180705_153329.jpg

Steve I sent you a PM

1 - 20 of 33 Posts