MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a small issue with xenon - driver xenon is brighter than passenger xenon (it's left hand drive car - not UK).

What I have tried?
- Changed bulbs from left to right
- Changed ballasts from left to right
- Aimed lights (they are aimed correctly and both lights are shining at same height straight line.

All above steps lead to the same result as you can see on picture below:

Can you please tell me - Is shine/beam from passenger xenon (left in picture) correct? - or - Is shine/beam from driver xenon (right in picture) correct?

xenons.jpg

As I wrote in this post driver xenon has aiming mechanism broken. So there is high possibility that this is the issue... but only horizontal aiming is broken, not vertical.

I need to know this because I'm going to buy replacement xenon for broken one, but if shine/beam from broken xenon (driver side) is correct then I'll need to buy other xenon too. I hope you know what I mean. It's weird because both xenons are aimed correctly and shining at same height so I'm not sure if it is lens defect, or something like that. Even if passenger xenon is aimed higher the driver xenon is still brighter and vice versa.

No one in my area has Mini so I can't check how lights should be shining personally so I would be really thankful if someone can give me advice :)

·
Registered
817 Posts
You've ironed out the bulbs and ballasts so those must be fine if the results the same.

I think the problem is likely to be the alignment / aiming mechanism, if its not aiming correctly then i guess the light path and output is affected somehow...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lights were aimed using regloscope and one xenon was still brighter than the other. It's not a big issue for me, but for other drivers it is :-D

What I'm afraid is that when I replace broken xenon it'll be still brighter - so the other xenon will be faulty too :).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts