MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One man brake fluid change? How many people do it here, thinking that I may as well tool up if I start doing yearly changes for a higher spec fluid, after track days etc.

This is for one man job, I'm after recommendations, these seem to have good reviews, but who knows how many of those were minis
I'm all ears if something is better, or if these are dogs

Or the motive power option imported from America for about twice as much after carriage and duty ?
( plenty of good reviews on Nam where people seem to be happier getting their hands dirty rather than visit the local dealers)

·
Premium Member
2,964 Posts
1 way bleed nipples might be worth it if you're doing it regularly.

I've not used them personally as I have a bitch to do the leg work, while I bark orders at her.

Usually ends in an argument when she gets bored and forgets which way is in and which is out....

Maybe I should order those bleed nipples after all.....

Those pressure things you've linked, I've heard good and bad stories, mainly about not getting a good seal and leaking fluid everywhere.

Not sure how much of that is operator error though.

Wonder what the mobile guys and race teams use? CoB?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've never had any issues with the old Gunson.

I drop the tyre pressure down to 20 psi to be on the safe side before bleeding.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
268 Posts
I've never had any issues with the old Gunson.

I drop the tyre pressure down to 20 psi to be on the safe side before bleeding.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,991 Posts
either that or a simple gunsons type eezibleed running off tyre pressure, I'll bleed off diag using the module, or with the eezibleed, then I still operate the pedal to sweep the cylinder. One way valves of one form or another I've used but I've been cautious that air can be drawn in via the threads potentially so I don't use them much, bikes mostly with a smaller one, otherwise pressure one way or another.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Gunsons eazibleed, used them for years on many cars, with no issue but I use it slightly different to the instructions to ensure there is no chance of spillage.

Tyre at 20 psi as per the instructions, fill the reservoir only, not the supplied bottle, that way you can't get a spill, you just need to keep an eye on the level & refill the reservoir for each corner, not a big deal.

I too also do a few pedal pushes with it on to finish off.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Child is too old and moody, and when the spanners come wants to work on his mini
So I end spending more time troubleshooting his r53 than upgrading my own car.

+ I need to future proof, no more kids from this old Jaffa.

·
Registered
417 Posts
One man brake fluid change? How many people do it here, thinking that I may as well tool up if I start doing yearly changes for a higher spec fluid, after track days etc.

This is for one man job, I'm after recommendations, these seem to have good reviews, but who knows how many of those were minis

Or the motive power option imported from America for about twice as much after carriage and duty ?
( plenty of good reviews on Nam where people seem to be happier getting their hands dirty rather than visit the local dealers)
I use on of these (Sealey) helped me tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,710 Posts

I have that Sealey VS820. Worked fine on my and Micke's R53.

I used to have one of those ezbleed things that use tyre pressure, but I find this easier to use. Also the bottle gasket on the ezbleed failed after one use.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts