MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all, was wondering if anyone has come across the following codes before putting it in to a garage and being ripped a new one..

33FD: 0X33FD ENGINE OIL PRESSURE CONTROL, PLAUSIBILITY, STATIC: PRESSURE TOO HIGH

3405: 0X3405 ENGINE OIL PUMP: PRESSURE TOO HIGH

Any ideas of likely causes and whether I should go in to a darkened room for a few days to cry?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Merry Christmas

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
I don't think there's much mechanically that will actually cause higher pressure really unless the bypass/pressure relief valve is sticking, or maybe it's just the sensor. Unless the engine is all varnished up maybe and running with tighter clearances and poor flow which you don't tend to see quite so much these days there isn't much else to cause it, perhaps just get the pressure tested. Or take a punt on a pressure switch, if you do that I'd stick to OEM at this point. If the oil pressure does turn out to be higher you could attempt an oil flush initially otherwise I guess the spanners have to come out and it would be a difficult job to estimate.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I will have a go at changing the pressure switch to start as it can’t hurt, thanks for your advice and a very merry Christmas to you and yours ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
  1. The most likely cause is due to the oil pressure control valve with in the oil pan. Installed in the back of the oil pump. It electronically manages oil pressures. Make sure you don’t have a filter that’s blocked up.

·
Premium Member
5,684 Posts
another post of mine thinking I'm talking R53 haha

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning all, was wondering if anyone has come across the following codes before putting it in to a garage and being ripped a new one..

33FD: 0X33FD ENGINE OIL PRESSURE CONTROL, PLAUSIBILITY, STATIC: PRESSURE TOO HIGH

3405: 0X3405 ENGINE OIL PUMP: PRESSURE TOO HIGH

Any ideas of likely causes and whether I should go in to a darkened room for a few days to cry?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Merry Christmas
MarioV

did you resolve the 33FD Code for your mini. I have a Cooper S 2010 with a N18 engine that is giving me the same Code. What's the fix?
Cheers JCD

·
Registered
1 Posts
MarioV

did you resolve the 33FD Code for your mini. I have a Cooper S 2010 with a N18 engine that is giving me the same Code. What's the fix?
Cheers JCD
I had this issue on my 2011 N18 S model. I did a BG EPR flush and then full oil service using Authentic Mini (BMW) filter element and LiquiMoly 2332 Leichtlauf 5W-40. Ran the car with oil pressure gauge and am seeing normal pressure at idle and throughout the rev range. If it returns I’m going to drop the pan and replace the pressure solenoid.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts