MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if I’m putting this in the correct place but I’m sure I’ll be told if not. I’ve only had the car a couple of weeks, I know it had an oil leak as an advisory but there were no signs of it when I picked it up and none for the first week.
I’ve just started the car and it smoked immediately. I’m not really familiar with minis so looking for some advice as to what could be causing this. I’m unsure as to how to post videos but I’ve take a short vid and it seems to leaking ONTO the top of the exhaust manifold which is causing the smoke

·
Premium Member
5,604 Posts
well, you can see there the rocker cover is wet near it's seal so start with that and clean/check the bolt seals or renew them, OEM ones come with the bolts fwiw, personally I'd initially brake cleaner them all off and the area and monitor it after the main seal has been done etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks for the quick reply. As I thought originally so I’ll start there mate :) I’m in the middle of some bodywork repairs so the car is off road now so I’ve plenty time haha

·
Registered
583 Posts
Easy job to do. I had to do mine. Surprising how much they do leak, normally straight on to the exhaust manifold!

Another culprit is the oil filter housing. The gaskets between the housing and engine block and the o rings to the oil cooler. Again they really do pi55 out. I paid my local garage to do that one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts