MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 04 cooper s that has been stood on my fathers drive for 6 weeks, gone to open it but although the key fob lights up, nothing happens. I’ve managed to pry the window far enough to use a garden fork to release bonnet, have a charger connected to the terminal near rear of engine, but still the car won’t unlock. Any suggestions? Haven’t had any issues prior to this.

·
Registered
279 Posts
So, when the key fob button is pressed there's no sound from the locks or indicators/hazards flashing?
Silly question, have you tried both keys?

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only have the one key. No noise or lights. Charger still connected and light flashing on stalk, but no response.

·
Registered
279 Posts
One thing to check, is the lever in the handle fully out, as not stuck in. Try pulling it out with your finger tips.
Before getting to medieval and breaking a window glass, are you or your father members of a recovery service? Your insurance company may have cover for this as well.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your help guys, succumbed to breaking window, bought one yesterday just in case. Funny thing is as soon as I put the key in the ignition, the central locking opened. Is that the key fob battery do you think ?

·
Premium Member
1,443 Posts
Yeah think that means your fob is dead, unucky on breaking the window. Worth looking at door lock again as you want that useable incase something happens again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts