MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi cars been in garage for upgrade r53 to r56 brakes they have been trying all day to bleed brakes
Car was fine when it went in brakes hard when engine off as soon as start up pedal goes soft any ideas they have done computer bleed etc but still crap HELP

·
Premium Member
1,506 Posts
Air in the lines.
Persist with it and do 2 man job or spend a bit more and buy one way speed bleed nipples.

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Hi mate. As above. It’s amazing how little air can cause such poor feel, especially once disconnecting lines. Bleed bleed bleed. Push through 500ml in stages, you’ve done front don’t forget to bleed back also as air bubbles can travel through the lines. You can get one way valves on eBay for a fiver which has been a game changer for me doing it myself with a pressure bleeder. You’ve also fitted new pads I’m assuming which can sometimes cause a poor feel but not as bad as you describe. Have you driven the car/felt pedal or taking their word for it??

·
Registered
110 Posts
Watching this keenly since I've got a pair of R56 calipers hanging up & drying in the garage just waiting for a sunny day to go on. Luke, can you point me to a link for the non return valves please?

·
Premium Member
2,559 Posts
Here you go, obviously you only need one!

Also, after a rather hit and miss relationship with my Gunson EZ Bleed finally resulting in it blowing up, I have no switched over to a Sealey self bleeder which I find much nicer to use and of better build quality;

1 - 6 of 6 Posts