MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2011 R56 with a N18 and 90000 on the clock. So far pretty stock other than a K& N air filter, and magnaflow muffler. I want to do a NM ecu tune, obviously just stage 1. How well does the NM tune work? With 90000 on the clock will the tune hurt my engine? I do autox the car and I need the extra torque that will come with the tune. I will also install the Sprint device that helps with throttle response time. I am considerint NM over the other tuners mainly due to price and the fact that I am in California and they are closer to me.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after looking at the maniac tune I am now leaning that way as they apparently have 3 tunes onboard and I get to swatch and even back to stock. This makes alot of sense.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts
They were for JCWs but the MCS got it from 2010. Fck knows why.

Cavi - I've got the manic tune on my N18 and been happy with it. It's the most commonly used here and seems very reliable. There are 3 stages depending on what mods you have and you then get 3 sub maps that you can switch between if you have a bit of kit called an SPS switch.

Not sure if it's the same over your side of the pond, but you used to be able to upgrade to the next stages for a reduced fee, but now you have to pay full whack each time which is a bit crap so if you're thinking of doing other mods might be worth considering them first to save repaying.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks, Honestly the only mods I will be doing are a intercooler that I just ordered and the sprint thing that is suposed to help gas pedal lag

1 - 5 of 5 Posts