MiniTorque.com banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,076 Posts
So after some thread digging I couldn't find an answer to the original poster's question...

is there anybody running the newmna PH2 cam's on standard injectors? My concern like OP is running the car lean..
I'm running a PH2 with standard injectors and it's quite lumpy but not too bad.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Can't really have a cooper s thinking about economy loool you're in the wrong car mate.. you wanna tune it as well on top of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's the sort of thing i would say if I was asking about a C63 or M3.

My question was about a 'cheap' supermini/hatchback made to be a slightly hotter version of the more eco focussed ones.

Looool thanks for your opinion

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
The first question in the thread is 15 months old and my Mini is better on fuel than the new family wagon will be :)

I've got a PH2 on my JCW210 - so 11% pulley - and it's running nicely but I'm going to get it tuned anyway. If I was running 330s I'd probably take it to a dyno just to check as fuelling can vary a lot from car to car.

·
80 Posts
Loool the first question in this thread seems to be about economy.

I'm well aware about economy going out the window with these cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The first question in the thread is 15 months old and my Mini is better on fuel than the new family wagon will be :)

I've got a PH2 on my JCW210 - so 11% pulley - and it's running nicely but I'm going to get it tuned anyway. If I was running 330s I'd probably take it to a dyno just to check as fuelling can vary a lot from car to car.

my bad, I put my question in the wrong thread.. been reading allot on the cams etc so not surprising I did this. Sorry! I got the answers I need though :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
ST 225 injectors are 380cc, same flow rate as JCW. I'm just not to sure if they have the same dual cone sprat pattern.

I'm in a very similar boat as you though with my current spec being JCW head, JCW cat back, 380cc JCW injectors, Orranje Airbox, 17% pulley, Airtec top mount intercooler and just bought and about to fit the Newman PH2 250/400 cam. Some people say 380cc are fine as the PH2 cam is more road orientated than race with a lower powerband, but some say 550cc are needed for safe AF ratios as the 380cc injectors will be running at more than 80% duty cycle (seems to be the recognised safe consistent upper limit of any injector). JCW 380cc injectors will run without being mapped, 550cc won't, so not a simple plug and play. 380cc will however benefit from mapping too.

So in summary, I'm not sure either. I'm guessing having it rolling roaded with the cam and 380cc injectors installed will show what duty cycle the injectors are running at a safe AF ratio and if more than 80%, 550cc (or at least bigger than 380cc) injectors should be installed.
Hello my friend. Can you tell me what compress does your car have with ph2; i have installed the same cam and the compress gets down from 160 to 125. I also checked the timing marks and those are correct

21 - 33 of 33 Posts