MiniTorque.com banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,478 Posts
Can superchips not scale the 550's if you give them the injector dead times?

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,478 Posts
Not a clue, you lost me at can!
Basically scale the map for 550's instead of 380's. They really are missing a trick if they can, as everyone who has issues getting to 1320 would flock to them

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Would that mean that you could swap injectors yourself (or get a carsandbikes to do it in my case!) then upload a modified 550 injector program via the handset?

If so it’s worth an ask I suppose as personally I’m happy with the superchip product (I have 3 cars running bluefin)

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yes. That is the idea.

If I was to sell that product, I would want to test it to make sure it doesn't damage any engine that it has been applied to. That would be a large cost for what is quite a niche product.

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
279 Posts
Superchips has my Renault twingo GT back in 2007 when they were new as a development car, for the above idea I’d offer them the mini for them to do the adjustments on the car to get it right for other buyers, only thing is the mods on mine could be different to joe bloggs’ mini so a base ‘injector’ map using data taken from my car may not be as good when uploaded to a car that say doesn’t have a cam, or a different cam, as I found out with my basic stage 2 not being right for a cammed car

As you say it’s a bit of a niche product, I like the idea in my head of just being able to plug and play new injectors and a one size fits all map but I’d still have that niggling feeing in the back of my head that I’d want it checking properly by someone like 1320 if I was a buyer further down the line

21 - 26 of 26 Posts