MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.
I'm new to the Mini scene and have now just bought my first Mini for a track car.
Hope some of you might be able to advise me on what to do and the best things to do to the car and if anyone local to me in Nottinghamshire I'd be happy to meet up and perhaps do some track days together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Bokers.
It's fully stripped out with OMP race seats, harnesses and snap off steering wheel.
Forge intercooler
17% pulley
Race cams
Induction kit
Straight through stainless exhaust
Coilovers
MGC Modifications rear spoiler

Think that's everything at the moment

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's had previous track use.
It has stage 2 Superchip.
What injectors are best to go for as I understand you have to have a custom remap to upgrade them.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers mate.
I will get it looked at when I can.
I take it that the injectors won't make that much of a difference then.
I'm told it's running about 220bhp but won't know fully until I get it on the rollers.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,484 Posts
Have a shufty under the intercooler and see whats in there first

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
282 Posts
It has stage 2 Superchip
I found that with the stage 2 superchip I lost 3 bhp after carsorbikes fitted a catcam for me and it was rolling roaded at Lohen

I called Superchips and they sent me a custom file they developed ecpecially for a car with a sport cam and I got 10bhp back at the next rolling road

may be worth giving them a ring and see if they can do the same until you get it Custom Mapped

·
Premium Member
4,747 Posts
which cam?

I wouldn't be running that on track myself just yet whether it has been before or not, at least until it has a proper map, that's assuming you want some sort of longevity from it, I imagine it'll be pinking like mad at full chat, superchip is just a generic change, bluefin? Maybe worth some sort of power on a stock vehicle but I wouldn't rely on it on a car with a 17 pulley and for that type of use, whether or not recommended somewhere, even a 15% with no cam they can be pinking before 6k. with a cam there's no way that will be running optimally, it's not just fuelling, but timing that'll likely need some attention, which isn't checked on general dyno runs, so even if AFR looks reasonable there can be room for improvement, Only my 2p but so many of these could run better/safer.

·
MIN-Tily Challenged
7,656 Posts
It’s obviously had some love at some stage, be worth pulling an injector and a spark plug to see what’s fitted already, you might get a pleasant surprise....
post a picture to help with identification.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cheers everyone for your comments and advice.
The car has been looked after apart from cosmetic damage to the bumper.
The intercooler has just been serviced and I haven't seen any pinking.
I do want to get it in somewhere and have it checked over and hopefully a proper map etc.
Anyone know of any good companies in Nottinghamshire to go to??

·
Registered
261 Posts
I would not run a R53 with a reduced pulley on a track without a proper custom remap to make sure the fuelling is correct. They cannot auto compensate and you do not want to run lean for long periods. The odd blast on the roads is not the same.

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,484 Posts
Didn't someone join this forum a while back with a superchips map? I'm sure when it was dyno'd the results were decent. Can't for the life of me remember who it was though

·
Premium Member
3,111 Posts
Didn't someone join this forum a while back with a superchips map? I'm sure when it was dyno'd the results were decent. Can't for the life of me remember who it was though

BigJim? Post a couple above yours.

·
Premium Member
2003 cooper S 218bhp
282 Posts
As Dave said that was me, yes the results were more than decent with the bluefin (208bhp) UNTIL Sean fitted the cam then it lost a few bhp (206bhp) because (we think) it wasn’t fuelling properly, superchip then sent me a custom unmarketed bluefin download for a cammed car and the next rolling road session it went up to 218bhp

since then the car has gone from a 11% pulley to a 15% and the cheap exhaust has been replaced with a milltek so I’d hope for a few more horse out of it now but it’s not getting dyno’d until early September now, (as long as Sean has swapped my manifold and done a couple of other bits on it by then)

I too have a set of injectors in stock, 550s From orranje and have a custom map planned at 1320 when they go in

1 - 20 of 26 Posts