MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I have a 2006 MINI R53 JCW that I fitted Militek Manifold, 200 cells sports catback and a M7 Vortex larger bonnet scoop last year.
I am a student and therefore I can afford to do a single performance upgrade per year.
This year, my goal is to get something more out of the manifold and catback I have already fitted. Later this spring, I will get the engine tuned in any case.
I have considered whether I should upgrade my intercooler to eg Airtec / GRS or whether I should choose camshaft eg Newman 250/400 PH2.

It must be emphasized that I do all these upgrades myself.

I live in Denmark, which is primarily cold weather with 1-3 months with warm weather a year.

After reading a lot on forums, I have much doubt whether it makes sense, to spend money on intercooler at this stage or whether the money is better spend on a camshaft. Of course I am also interested in my engine having the optimal conditions but I can understand that the original intercooler actually does a really good job.

I hope you wise minds will give me some good advice along the way.

Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
camshaft all day long

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 😂

·
Premium Member
3,204 Posts
If you already have the 11% JCW pulley, I'd leave it at that.

You're not gonna gain much power upgrading to a 15%.

Cam all the way.

·
Premium Member
5,463 Posts
depends on what you want from it/use it for, if never driving over 5k use the PH1/2, if never under 4 use the PH2 😁

1 - 13 of 13 Posts