MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Mini JCW Clubman , 2019, 306 bhp 450nm, Metallic Thunder Grey, Chill red roof, mirrors, stripes
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
I'm new to minitorque forum, but have been on many other forums with various cars
I now have a 2019, F54 JCW Clubman , in Thunder Grey with Chilli red accents for which i traded in my beloved BMW 440i with 360 bhp...( am i mad!) My mates think i am, " a mini for a 6 cylinder Beemer" your crackers they said. I'm still not sure i made the right decision!! The mini is good, but a tad hard riding, not sure i look forward to runs over 100 miles. Great zooming around the Oxfordshire country however.
I've got my modding head on already and looking to Stage 1 the JCW, looking at DMS, Lohen, Mulgari and several others, anyone else had it done? any good, or a poor decision?, like to know what anyone else thinks who has ECU modded their mini.

cheers
eltel

·
Registered
99 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like a nice motor as does your outgoing BMW. Lohen are definitely highly rated, although I don't have any experience of tuning or the F series Minis.

Know what you mean about longer runs in the Mini! Fortunately my other car is an F86 X6 M - lovely powertrain, but not suited to shorter journeys, hence the main reason for me getting the R56 MCS

·
Registered
Mini JCW Clubman , 2019, 306 bhp 450nm, Metallic Thunder Grey, Chill red roof, mirrors, stripes
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi C320
Thanks for your reply and welcoming me to the forum...
The X6 is great for longer journeys... and as you say the mini is perfect for dashing around your local area..
I'll wait and see about tuning the mini, especially as i have a year left on my warranty, and would really like to keep that intact!!
I keep mooching around the tuning companies and see what takes my fancy, if at all!
Lohen are a good company, but to get it tuned i would have to take it to their premises in Stafford...bit of a hike for me
and i would prefer someone more local, just in care i experience any issues with the mapping!!

Cheers
Eltel

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
If I was you I’d be taking it to lohen.

I don’t see how 1 day out of your busy schedule will inconvenience you!

I live further south away, Wiltshire and took my F series for a dyno day for example.

If you remap the car your warranty is kapoot, so either wait it out and get it mapped. Or pop a tuning box on it, which i did to my F56 and it was amazing. You will get the tuning box haters but they serve a purpose and for me taking it off when I traded it in for an M140i (mistake) was the best bit.
I only used Racechip through other reviews from mini owners and I loved it.
Sold it on and got 90% of the money back!

If I was not in warranty I’d have a proper remap obviously…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts