MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Hopefully just a quick question for anyone who has replaced their thermostat. I have just received a genuine thermostat housing from Neobrothers, to replace mine which Is stuck open and not allowing the car to get up to temperature. Should the thermostat be open? I know these are electronically controlled but I imagined this would be closed and then open electronically, does it work the opposite way? can anyone confirm this is correct? I don't want to replace this and it be faulty and unable to return.

Camera accessory Automotive tire Digital camera Bicycle part Rim

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,

Hopefully just a quick question for anyone who has replaced their thermostat. I have just received a genuine thermostat housing from Neobrothers, to replace mine which Is stuck open and not allowing the car to get up to temperature. Should the thermostat be open? I know these are electronically controlled but I imagined this would be closed and then open electronically, does it work the opposite way? can anyone confirm this is correct? I don't want to replace this and it be faulty and unable to return.

View attachment 108383

Thanks!
I only every fit febi bilsteen housing bought over the counter from motor parts direct so know with out any doubt its a genuine febi part , have been fitting these on all the refreshed engine jobs i do never had any issues with any of them, also you should replace the plastic link pipe from water pump to thermo housing at same time as they crack and when do take engine out most likely out come, only fit genuine link pipes from main dealers had a few issues with anything else over the years of random leaks from them,

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I only every fit febi bilsteen housing bought over the counter from motor parts direct so know with out any doubt its a genuine febi part , have been fitting these on all the refreshed engine jobs i do never had any issues with any of them, also you should replace the plastic link pipe from water pump to thermo housing at same time as they crack and when do take engine out most likely out come, only fit genuine link pipes from main dealers had a few issues with anything else over the years of random leaks from them,
Well aware of the crossover pipe and planning on replacing as well, how much were they from a main dealer? If you can remember?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well aware of the crossover pipe and planning on replacing as well, how much were they from a main dealer? If you can remember?
Hi just done, water pump crossover and thermostat
The pipe was £50.71 part No 11537589713 I put some silicon spray on the end that goes into water pump and the same for the thermostat, it’s tight and pops in snuggly
The silicon spray is designed for rubber and plastics so sage to use

·
Registered
29 Posts
about £50 for genuine ones have come down a bit were a fair bit more money a while ago,

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi just done, water pump crossover and thermostat
The pipe was £50.71 part No 11537589713 I put some silicon spray on the end that goes into water pump and the same for the thermostat, it’s tight and pops in snuggly
The silicon spray is designed for rubber and plastics so sage to use
did you buy a new clip as well as that extra when buy genuine pipe,, and must be fitted correctly or can leak under pressure

1 - 6 of 6 Posts