MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Thought it was about time I introduced myself... I'm 25 and from the North East. First found the forum when I was looking at getting a MINI. 2 months ago I bought an Astro Black MINI Cooper with Polar Beige interior, loved it for a couple of weeks and then realised it just wasn't enough, let it go and bought myself a Cooper S with Sport Pack. Here is some more information about the Sport Pack if you're interested and don't already know. The current spec is pretty standard so far, but, there's a lot planned for the future.

Mini Cooper S w/ Sport Pack
Eclipse Grey
JCW Alcantara steering wheel
R112 Challenge wheels
Piano Black interior with anthracite headliner
DAB radio
Xenon headlights
Aero wipers
Sport aerial

Future plans are little things like a black belt line, Orranje rear wiper delete and de-yolk the headlights and side repeaters. My private registration (N111WTN) will also be transferred in the next week or so. Then coilovers and spacers as soon as possible. After that it will probably be a full JCW exhaust system. Then in no particular order, short shifter, big brake kit, FMIC, AEM induction kit, remap, rear anti roll bar, GP diffuser, Recaro Sportster seats. I'm sure there will be a lot of other additions being added to the list, but this should be enough to satisfy me for now.

Anyway, here's the photos below! I've included two original dealer shots, before I had the bonnet stripes removed, aero wipers and MINI Sport Aerial fitted. It'd be good to meet up with some of you local guys as I know there's a few around.

James,

Profile: www.iamjamesnewton.com
Blog: www.atramentstudio.com

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Definitely agree the colour is far better in person, Matt. I don't think I've done it any justice with my iPhone photos and a dirty car, but never mind!

·
Learning!
5,804 Posts
Hi and welcome - love this colour!!

Decent discs, pads, lines and fluid should save a bit over BBK - S brakes are pretty good
You forgot either decat or sports cat - there are also lots of cheaper/nice sounding exhaust options - have a look around the site and on youtube

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I think I will be going for some new pads first Ian, probably Carbotech. When I get round to changing the exhaust system I'll probably end up getting it decatted at the same time. The reason for a JCW system is that I think I actually like the sound the best out of the other options I've heard, plus I'd also like to keep it looking OEM, open to suggestions though.

·
Learning!
5,804 Posts
Fair do's on the exhaust

I have a Miltek sports cat and a FJCW backbox - when combined IMO it sounds excellent. Had a decat with the FJCW and tbh it was too loud for the missus and my work lol. Also an S with decat and FJCW sounds a lot louder than a JCW

Clip of mine - it is actually louder now as I think the cat is deteriorating. Hopefully i will get some more sound clips at the mini show this weekend

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That does sound lovely! I definitely don't want it to be too loud, just a bit more aggressive than the current stock MCS. I may just try and get a hold of a JCW back box for now...

·
Learning!
5,804 Posts
That does sound lovely! I definitely don't want it to be too loud, just a bit more aggressive than the current stock MCS. I may just try and get a hold of a JCW back box for now...
Very costly now as BMW decided to double their price overnight a year or so ago, keep a lookout on here, total mini and the bay for second hand ones

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Very costly now as BMW decided to double their price overnight a year or so ago, keep a lookout on here, total mini and the bay for second hand ones
Thanks, Ian. I'm sure I'll be scouring the forums and eBay for lots of things in the near future.

I got my jcw exhaust from minitech(01617611615) worth giving them a call.
Ah cool, I'll give them a try. Can you remember how much you paid? Was it a full system or just the back box?

·
Premium Member
158 Posts
Hi James, back in may i paid £425+vat for a used system cat back.I find the sound is just about right,not to noisy but with a nice burble on the overrun in sport mode.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts