MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm the proud owner of an R57 in interchange yellow and love it.
I'm thinking of making some upgrades in the form of the stereo system which is truly awful, so if anyone has any recommendations as to some quick wins, i.e replacing the speakers etc pls let me know....

Also I'm also thinking of having an intercooler fitted with a stage 2 remap so wonder if anyone else has made these changes out there and what are your thoughts on this? Worth it or not? A local garage is telling me I'll need to buy an airtec intercooler for £350 + vat and £100 to fit... Are there any cheaper alternatives out there?

Anyway, the name is Steve and hello to all the fellow Mini owners out there. I now understand why the Mini is such a incredible fun car... ?

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,405 Posts
Hi Steve. The car looks on point. Love the colour. There are loads of intercooler options out there from budget ebay still to silly money. It's a very simple job to fit on your drive with basic tools, there are even a few how-to videos on YouTube

·
Premium Member
2002 R53 in Leccy blue. 17% reduced pulley with 3" through Exh
13 Posts
Welcome to the forum Steve. Great bunch of peeps on here. Plenty of knowledge to pick and ask questions too. Love the car and the color. Arrived at just the right time in the British weather to get the rag down. I do miss mine in the weather were having at the moment.
Happy motoring and enjoy the engine/car

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Really?... Cool. I've been warned about "cheap" copies/brands and want to get this right. Any recommendations?
Hi Steve. The car looks on point. Love the colour. There are loads of intercooler options out there from budget ebay still to silly money. It's a very simple job to fit on your drive with basic tools, there are even a few how-to videos on YouTube
Really.? Cool. I've been warned about cheap brands/copies and them being inferior so I wanted to get this right, first time.
Do you have any recommendations?....

How long would it take to fit myself do you think?
Best
Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Love that colour (y) Definitely echo Astro - the intercooler is very easy to change.
I think it's called Interchange Yellow. I love it . I'll never lose it in a carpark and it's different. I get a lot of stick from my friends but it's so worth it !!...

I'd be interested to see if there are any good links out there on YouTube to show me how to change the intercooler (once I get my hands on a bargain) used or new. ...

Thanks !
Steve

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome to the forum Steve. Great bunch of peeps on here. Plenty of knowledge to pick and ask questions too. Love the car and the color. Arrived at just the right time in the British weather to get the rag down. I do miss mine in the weather were having at the moment.
Happy motoring and enjoy the engine/car
Thank you very much, kind words. Yeah I'd be a lot happier if I could drive her around with the roof down without these restrictions in place ! haha.

Steve

·
Premium Member
2006 R53
10,405 Posts
I think it's called Interchange Yellow. I love it . I'll never lose it in a carpark and it's different. I get a lot of stick from my friends but it's so worth it !!...

I'd be interested to see if there are any good links out there on YouTube to show me how to change the intercooler (once I get my hands on a bargain) used or new. ...

Thanks !
Steve

1 - 12 of 12 Posts