1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
2,798 Posts
I've bought one of those, works fine. You just have to swap the circuit board out and get the blade cut. I hadn't seen that flip conversion, might give it a try.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
After you cut the blank key,I take it you would have to reprogram the key for it to start the car,is that right?
Apparently not according to the seller as you'll use the internals from your old key in the new flip key.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well I got one of these and took it to Timpsons today, and they say they won't cut these anymore due to them breaking being of poor quality metal. I still want to get mine cut but can't find anywhere now to get it done. Any suggestions!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Timpsons refused to cut mine too so I went to a little cobblers shop and they cut it for me for £5.

·
Just Getting Started!
35 Posts
Nice little upgrade looks much nicer.
My current key is from an 06 MCS and has 3 buttons. The Unlock, the centre mini lock button and the boot pop. So I guess this new casing wouldn't be suitable. Anyone know if a 3 button flip conversion?

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I think a BMW flip key would do the job, pretty sure the internals of a facelift key are the same as E39/E46/E60 etc BMW keys. If not you'd be able to get it to fit with a bit of trimming I'd imagine

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi,

Thought I’d ask in here rather than start a new thread.

I’m needing a new remote fob (facelift R53) and wondered if I bought a genuine but used fob with an uncut blade, would it just be a case of getting the key cut and reprogramming it myself using the usual diy method of ignition on/off, press the buttons etc etc? Or would it need programming by bmw to link to a new car? Thanks v much

1 - 19 of 19 Posts