MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With me banging on about supras , I started looking around , found one and purchased it !
previously had a lot done , then some garage mechanic where it was being serviced took it for a spin , promptly underestimated how quick they are and bashed the front in !!!
oops - settled with the owner -then it sat until I got it
well specced,and good for 650 bhp+ -already mapped,dual fuel pumps,aeromotive,RLTC,injectors,single tubo ,e manage ,yadda yadda
Fronts an easy repair,but the gearbox has gone missing ,probably sold , if you thought the mini box was dear.....£2500 for a second hand 6 speed getrag :crying:...but they are good for 1000bhp
still a cheap car for a lot of performace ...busy summer ahead

Attachments

·
aka Big Daddy
1,863 Posts
The supras are pretty cool cars and you can make them silly quick.....

This is the car the shop I use have done and it has over 600 whp

Supra

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that car is running a t04z turbo ,which is the same size as mine -I was being conservative at 650 :laugh:
you can run 2 or 3 boost sttings and adjust them on the fly so its kinda neat indeed silly quick ...
The previious owner spent a lot of money ,thats tuning...

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok- she's up and running , just waiting on connector for the 3 bar map sensor,and fitting a second oil cooler- then checking the mapping and tweak a bit
Over the summer I can alter/add a few bits and tweak the suspension , play around with the Racelogic and fit some 6 pot brakes Im rebuilding,but at the moment happy it's road ready!!
A supercar killer and under £10000 all in :thumbup:
Should be a fun summer,and then over the winter go for some mega power:scared:
You,ve just gotta love self modding - factory is not as good as it gets!!!

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bring to MITP will make a change to the other cars that rock up...
That's looking like some weekend!!,there is also a big supra meet that weekend split between the pod and rockingham , they have also invited some nissans,the viper club uk and some Holdens-
I should be able to run at both if I can prep in time (again remap for higher boost,get a spare set of wheels/ tyres, and practice a bit with the launch control , building boost on the line,soften the rear shocks etc)
It's not set up for drag use at the moment .
Much like the video link it is faster than the big bikes, not from a standing start, but once rolling they are easy , much to the bikers shock:thumbup:
They can't seem to believe that a car can out pull them!!
Got a slight leak on a downpipe at the moment, and I am tempted to go bigger as it's got to come off anyway, it never stops eh!!

·
Premium Member
17,320 Posts
Come down to TA Adam and chat to the Whiffbitz peeps, really nice bunch of guys who obviously love their craft and know how to mkae quick Supra's that work on track.

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The car is already at Whifbitz - they are fitting the downpipe and made some hardpipes for me,Paul W is doing his own line of stuff now, but I prefer my own designs and ideas.
The car is for the ultimate road car not track/ drag use so setup is always a compromise,however a bit of either track or drag use can be good fun!!
I don't understand drifting at all,so that's out !!

·
freedom...blah
4,069 Posts
I don't understand drifting at all,so that's out !!
Join the club, saw my 1st drifting at knockhill last month and was underwhelmed...

Big power Supra is definitely something i'd like to give a bash in the future, good work :cools:

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Currently running 1.3 bar and whoop ass fast !!, in for mapping this week and then er... faster , much more to come ..

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pre modifications , base run at 1.2 bar = 520 bhp.
The plan is to double the output and reduce spool time ,and of course for the moving bits to stay in proximity to each other , should this happen (I believe it will) If you see a silver Supe behind you, just pull over...

1 - 20 of 61 Posts