4,153 Posts
Nicen what size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Update:

Fitted new steering wheel. Bought some Uniroyal rainsports.

Day before Cadwell Park rear spring snapped.

Bought some replacement spring. Then decided to give the rear coilovers a service. I ran into a problem, the lower strut bolt stripped the thread out of the trailing arm.Link

Fitted some Hardrace control arms.

All tracked and ready for next year

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Steering wheels looking good...

Liking the gauge too is that 60mm

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Replaced coolant hoses. The lower hose had snagged on the gear selector and caused a tear in the pipe.

First track day of the year was at Blyton Park at the weekend.
Wasn't able to sort some decent tyres but still the sun was shining it was a great day.

Many driver excuses but this is how not to take a corner haha

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Update - back in October on a cold morning, piston 2 dropped while on the motorway doing 70mph, huge cloud of black smoke, oil dip stick popped out and oil everywhere. The bottom of the piston 2 broke off and dropped into the sump.

So began my first engine pull. Managed to get the engine out and head off. At this point i decided to slap it on a pallet and drive it down to Lohen to inspect the bores etc

Turned out the bore had abit of damage but nothing a rebore couldnt sort. Bottom of pistion 2 was sucked up into the oil pump and wrecked that.

I made the decision to go forged rods, forged oversized pistons, change compression ratio and skim the head. Lohen did the engine build with a quick turn around.

Engined arrived started putting the engine back in on the Wednesday and was up and running within 2 days. Then it was time to start the engine, primed the oil pump and it started first go! I will be honest it was nerve wrecking.

Just about done with the engine break in and then its time to turn up the boost. Massive thanks to Lohen, BMS direct and RJ Developments

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

21 - 34 of 34 Posts