MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on the lookout for a straight standard intake pipe to fit to the AEM on my n18 like in the picture below, I’ve tried a silicone hose and it doesn’t come close.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi, out of interest which silicone hose did you use? I’m also looking for this pipe and don’t really want to pay the £100 odd Mini or Lohen seem to want for it!

I’ve got an early LCI R56 with the N18 that I want to get the AEM kit for, however I have the earlier intake pipe, I heard a silicone hose for the N18 could work but no idea on which one is best / recommended. I’ve even asked AEM directly if they are blue share any specs on the inlet diameter etc that could help.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ordered a Forge on but this didn’t fit and I’ve just ordered a MTC one as all the pictures online I can find of a n18 AEM have these hoses, I’d happily run a standard pipe if I can find one for sale

·
Registered
41 Posts
I ordered a Forge on but this didn’t fit and I’ve just ordered a MTC one as all the pictures online I can find of a n18 AEM have these hoses, I’d happily run a standard pipe if I can find one for sale
Please let me know how you get on with the MTC one and which one it is if it works?

As you know, Lohen sell the standard pipe here: MINI Early N18 Adapter Pipe To Fit AEM
However, at that cost, I imagine it's also what BMW/Mini sell it for, I'd rather see if we could get it cheaper though!

Interestingly on the Lohen site it does also specifically state the Forge pipe isn't suitable for the JCW, so that's probably why you had issues.

I believe it's the JCW intake pipe that we need? I also got this part number from another forum member, 13717627502 as being the pipe we need.

·
Registered
995 Posts
Think I’ve got one of these lying about but missing the turbo gasket - think these may be available on eBay too?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Please let me know how you get on with the MTC one and which one it is if it works?

As you know, Lohen sell the standard pipe here: MINI Early N18 Adapter Pipe To Fit AEM
However, at that cost, I imagine it's also what BMW/Mini sell it for, I'd rather see if we could get it cheaper though!

Interestingly on the Lohen site it does also specifically state the Forge pipe isn't suitable for the JCW, so that's probably why you had issues.

I believe it's the JCW intake pipe that we need? I also got this part number from another forum member, 13717627502 as being the pipe we need.
I will keep you updated with the MTC it should arrive Friday, I had a part number and had price I think of£85 from bmw for the standard pipe

·
Registered
41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
if someone has the OEM hose for an N18 that goes to the inlet manifold omitting the PCV valve pipe the N14 has and wants to let it go I'll have it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts