MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys , i have bought an r57 jcw recently and there is a problem when im stuck in traffic a half full check engine shows up with the writing reduced engine power and the throttle becomes barley responsive and it tends to make pop sounds from exhaust as i push the throttle , as i turn the car off and on it will become normal again, after diagnose this error showed up (2880 high pressure system) along with combustion errors at cylinder 1 and 4 . it is running on 95 octane

·
Registered
133 Posts
Could be a fueling issue fuel filter, intank pump, HPFP.

Does the engine still have good compression?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Almost definitely HPFP.

My exhaust used to pop like mad when trying to drive off. I also had the 2880 fault and also misfire codes.

How many miles has the car done?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes I had a similar issues.

whenever trying to move off, there was very little power, using more throttle it would just pop, bang and stutter down the road and then would finally start going and would be completely fine for a while.

Other symptoms I had was the car would refuse to start in the mornings, it would just stall after a few seconds of the engine running - sometimes took about 15 turns to get the car running.

Changed the spark plugs which didn’t help. Changed the HPFP then everything was fine.

My HPFP died at 54k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts