MiniTorque.com banner
261 - 269 of 269 Posts

·
Registered
2005 R53
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
No you can bolt it straight to the floor, and for me I have to or I'd not fit in the seat!

I've ordered the RSA ones, fingers crossed but they look like they have pretty much every option covered!

The cobra ones 100% do not fit.

·
Registered
2005 R53
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #263 ·
Good news! The new side rail adapters do allow the seat to fit in the car :) thanks for the link CoB! I've not fully fitted it yet, just got it in provisionally and now I'll mess around trying to get the position bang-on before really doing things up properly. Already though it feels totally different being in the car!

Also my brake duct kit from JDH has arrived so hopefully I can get that fitted over the next week before my track day on the 16th. They definitely look like they'll do a better job compared to what I'm running at the moment!

·
Registered
2005 R53
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
Seat fitted really nicely now, all bolted down, airbag resistors fitted and ready for a test drive that I'll do as soon as the other half comes home!

Over the weekend I had a rather opportunistic purchase of some 17x7.5 ET35 Rota GTRs with quite worn 225 width Trofeo R tyres - only £250 (plus £70ish for petrol to collect), so assuming they balance up OK later this week I'll have a set of wheels/tyres to try out next week, which should also fit over any BBK I get in the future, and can use them for racing when I get that far. They also have the added bonus of being kind of satin red, which will stand out nicely on the track :LOL:

I may struggle to get heat in them as they're known for taking a while to warm up, but they're also meant to be pretty quick tyres (around AR1 or slightly faster) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that:
  • the tyres balance (they have no wheel weights on atm)
  • it stays dry
  • I can warm them up
  • I get some faster times than the NS2Rs
:cool:

·
Registered
2005 R53
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #265 ·
I love the new driving position - rock solid! Really weird actually being so set in the seat going round corners. Given the weather that we look like getting on Tuesday, I think all the car feedback I can get will be very useful! 🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧

New brake ducts on - feel nice and secure, I'll check everything is still tight over the weekend. The increase in the vent into the arch should definitely help keep the brakes cool, and I've put on the front parts as well which will also flow better than what I had before. Couldn't tell anything from the road of course.

I've tested the wheels just now - got them balanced, they feel fine, but I'll need to mod the rear arches a little (or stiffen/more negative camber/raise the back end) because on compression at the back the tyres are rubbing. No rubs from the front though, but I'd be tempted to raise the front a fraction even if it's only 5mm for piece of mind! Stiffer springs are on the cards over the winter especially for the rear, as it's definitely too soft at the moment.

I don't mind the look either. I know bright red wheels are not exactly subtle but they're not super glossy or too garish! At least to me. They should stand out a little on the track at least!

Given the weather I may not take them to the track - I'll either come with full wet on and my NS2R in the car, or if somehow the forecast is clear I'll have the NS2R on and have the Trofeo R's in the car. I'd love to use them though!

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Weather really isn't looking great at the mo, hopefully it will shift over the next few days and we get a nice dry one!

Agree wheel colour doesn't look too bad actually. Brake ducting looks good really like the JDH kit.

Are the wheels rubbing on flat corners or just the typical UK uneven roads? May be ok on a flat track unless you use the kerbs?

·
Registered
2005 R53
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #267 ·
It's on bumps mostly but also on cornering, so definitely needs some work.

I'd just raise it 10mm and dremel the inside of the plastic arch away, maybe increase negative camber a bit as I have pleanty of adjustment available there.

261 - 269 of 269 Posts