MiniTorque.com banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Good job on getting your first track day in, glad to see the car behaved well.

I’m also looking into brakes and fancy some 4pots, the Budweg JCW style brakes look like great value and I am also swaying towards these.

Just need to factor wheel clearance into what you decide to go for.

Edit : Scrap that, somehow missed your last post.

I’d be interested to know swayed your decision on the brakes in the end?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Good spot, clutch slave cylinder problems look to be the on trend thing in the project threads at the moment haha

Thanks for your feedback on the brakes, definitely makes sense to go with the R56s ones particularly if you’ll be swapping to a smaller wheel later down the line and don’t want to restrict your choices too much.

Got some second hand Budwegs on the way, they came up on eBay so saw it as a sign!

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Top work, the linkage work is on my list also, any tips for undoing the harder bolt?

Great news on the MOT, I always get nervous when they come around Irrespective of which car! Good that you can focus on brakes and track prep ahead of Snetterton.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
I didn't have a socket and wobble that'd fit under the bar that's above the bolt, even with the bar as high as it can go (can't remember which gear that was).

I used a 13mm ring spanner and gave it a fraction of a turn with the spanner through the coolant hoses to the left, then a fraction of a turn through the gap where the 'arse of a bolt' arrow is in my picture. It was slow going but was the only way I felt I wouldn't strip the threads.
That's always the spanner I seem to misplace 😂

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Good job on managing to save the brake pipe and get them on before the track day.

Bet you can’t wait to put it through it’s paces now.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day aside from the belt.

Hope it’s something simple on the belt front, I took a spare and my tool just in case.

How did you find Snetterton?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Sounds like it was a great day, bet those tyres were interesting at first!

I’m on a waiting lost for brands in November as left booking it too late so I might book Snetterton instead To be sure of getting another day in before end of the year, just means leaving at 6.30am but at £109 shouldn’t really grumble haha

Makes sense to be sensible with the revs as you say, and future engine plans should tie it together nicely without being too aggressive and hindering reliability.

The logs from the app would have been interesting, hopefully will be able to sort it before the next one.

Any ideas when you’ll be hitting the track again?

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Car looks great, glad to see the day passed trouble free!

Squeaky bum time at 7.18 haha held it well.

I'm the same as you, would love more power, but see it being more beneficial to sort the handling first then go for more power. Have you decided on a set of coilovers or are you just going to keep an eye out for a decent used set?

Was looking into track dates next year and think I'll be giving Snetterton a shot in Feb/Mar.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
should be fine with 25-30, think I'm around that now and have no draft shaft issues. Was initially lower and didn't have issues then either but I'm not a fan of the slammed look so raised it a bit.

Don't have any recent pictures that would show it (most recent ones in my thread were after it had been jacked up so is sitting a bit higher than usual).

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Know how you feel, Jim has got me wanting to bring engine plans forward too. Going to try and hold off and leave them until next year.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
If it’s at stock height now then it won’t be once you’ve driven around on it and it settles in, good place to start though and see how it goes particularly if like me you don’t like the slammed look.

I had the same issue with access to the centre control arm bolts, so had to get some additional tools in.

I also had a spot wearing through on a water hose due to how the clamp on another hose was situated.

·
Premium Member
1,006 Posts
Great news on resolving the vibration and low boost issues!

Seem to be quite a few vibratechnics failing and the customer service being quite poor. Particularly with those that may be old stock and been on a shelf for a while yet only recently sold.

From what I've seen when searching the forum previously Mike's mounts are really good, so a great base to copy. Then you only have yourself to blame and chase down if it goes wrong 😂

1 - 20 of 27 Posts