MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Afternoon all,

I'm a long-time lurker, fist-time poster and unfortunately it's not good news.

I just went outside to wash my R56 Cooper S and noticed a large gouge in the roof, on the front corner of the passenger side. It looks a bit of a mess and I'm stumped as to how it's happened. There's no damage anywhere else on the car and, you guessed it, no one left a note or form of apology.

[/url][/IMG]

[/url][/IMG]

There's a CCTV camera from a shop where I was parked, so I'm hoping that will have capture something. Unfortunately they aren't open until Tuesday with the Bank Holiday, an neither is my insurer, Admiral.

Can anyone give an estimate of what this will cost to fix?

Cheers,
Alistair

·
Registered
273 Posts
Fuck me thats bad, looks like its fucked the join onto the pillar too if it has might b worse than it looks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That is SERIOUS!! Get down the supermarket and on phone to insurers first thing. They likely won't give you the CCTV footage so may have to arrange through insurers.
It's only a small hardware shop where the camera is, so I'll have to wait until they open on Tuesday morning. Thankfully it's only a few doors from my house. I think Admiral are probably shut to non-emergencies until Tuesday as well with the Bank Holiday.

Thanks all for the feedback, this isn't sounding good!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Unfortunately my insurer has decided to write the car off, claiming it would not be economically viable to fix. I'm now waiting to see what they will offer me for it.

Also, the one CCTV camera I hoped would reveal what happened is a fake, and the shop's three others are not in the right place. To say I'm disappointed is a massive understatement.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Saw the thread on PH and couldn't be fucked engaging with the know it alls claiming it's just a skin. That part of the roof has a fair amount of A-pillar and cross brace structure in it. Insurers were always going to write it off.

A team mate of mine needed a big repair there after rolling his and it was done by the bodyshop that support the team quite quickly to a decent standard but we don't have to worry about the interior going back in right and leaks in the rain getting in to the headlining.

If you know a friendly bodyshop get them to take a look at the pics and give you an estimate. It's a pity you are down south or I could sort you out everything you need but not sure how well shipping a roof on a pallet would work out.

·
argumentum vel STFU
3,898 Posts
Saw the thread on PH and couldn't be fucked engaging with the know it alls claiming it's just a skin. That part of the roof has a fair amount of A-pillar and cross brace structure in it. Insurers were always going to write it off..
^^ This. Hundreds of armchair experts on PH, jokers! Would be interesting to find out what caused it though.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts