MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Passed my driving test last week after only 10 days of learning, so totally new to the mini scene! Got the mini back in September and it was a pretty standard cooper, no mods etc.

Had a few bits and bobs fitted,

• Full Aero Kit
  • BK 18" with 205/40/18
  • Anti-lag exhaust from a subaru (long story :tongue_smilie:)
  • Carbon Fibre wrapped headlight rings & boot handle
  • 2400W Stereo system, subs and amp in boot, 6x9's in the back
  • Police siren :laugh:
  • Not really a mod but got the X3 SFC plate - My pride and passion for Stoke City!
Here's how it lies now,

Anyway thats enough pics. Youll all probably say it needs lowering but the roads around me are all terrible, and dont want to make the ride comfort any worse!

Think i want some new wheels, rota's are my dream! but my budget is only around £300 dont forget im only 17! Any suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
Terrible roads is no excuse on MT :laugh:

You can get some good wheels for around £300. Someone's selling some nice purple BBS wheels for £350...but purple and yellow wouldn't go! Could always respray them! There are some Rotas on here too.

Either way, welcome.

What's the the gay neon lights? And, out of interest, how does an anti-lag exhaust work on an N/A 1.6?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the subs in the boot, wish i never put them in, all the power goes to the 6x9's and some kenwoods in the front doors, so they are literally there just for show, but i was badly advised whilst having them fitted!
+
Its just the straight pipe and back box, really loud though get a headache driving for more than 30 mins, sure does turn some heads though

·
Wineeeeeeeeeeeee
2,286 Posts
tell us about this subaru exhaust sounds interesting, any sound clips, i would recommend a S petrol cap black the door handels but its looking good :)

·
Super Moderator
14,679 Posts
oh dearr! ill go back into my shell on Total Mini!
If you came here to have people tell you how amazing your car is, then I'd highly suggest you follow through with that.

If you came here to learn about tuning, styling, and have a bit of banter, than I'd say you took the first bout of criticism a lot better than most, and you should stick around. You've got some nice bits on that car, far more than I had at 17!

·
Premium Member
9,887 Posts
^^ What Sam said.

Some nice wheels, coilovers, and remove the subs, neons, fake carbon, police siren (FFS!) and it will look good.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll get a video up of the exhaust, sounds much better in real life though.

Wheels > Coils ? I know it needs both but it could be a while

·
Bugger
25,329 Posts
anti lag without a turbo, now i have heard it all :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I don't have one, basically I went to the garage to get my new wheels fitted with tyres a while back, and they were breaking down a Subaru to sell the parts, and I had the back box from the exhaust system. They were saying it's an 'anti-lag' exhaust, I know it's something to do with a turbo but my knowledge isn't too great about exhausts from subaru's

1 - 20 of 36 Posts