MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My R56 Cooper S JCW

A few of you might remember me... I owned a silver Cooper S a few years ago lowered on Rota RB's and was at a couple of shows with MT.

Anyway, recently was looking for another fun car and bought myself a JCW R56 in grey. Previous owner had just had a new timing chain kit fitted, new high pressure fuel pump, brand new turbo, new coil packs and plugs. It had been remapped by Torque Developments a couple of years ago.

I've not had it too long, but progress has been made so thought I would pop up a few photos...

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it has a jcw engine plaque, the aero kit and interior touches, regardless of whether it's 100% a full jcw I don't mind as I'm really happy with it. Plus has more power than a jcw anyway

·
Resident Gobshite
4,145 Posts
Well it has a jcw engine plaque, the aero kit and interior touches, regardless of whether it's 100% a full jcw I don't mind as I'm really happy with it. Plus has more power than a jcw anyway
Looks a very clean car! Liking the black webspokes and lowered look.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ordered up some new wheels as I want to go down a different route with the car really, more motorsport spec than "show" and managed to buy a set brand new for a very good price which made my mind up, mrs is having the old wheels for her lowered Cooper D so worked out nicely all round... 7x17 ET38 Team Dynamics in gloss Anthracite.

And today I took advantage of the sunshine to paint my door handles, which were the last remaining chrome part on the car. Bye bye chrome! :)

·
Scozza
6 Posts
How much did you drop the ride height by?
I've installed KW Street Comforts on my JCW and dropped the height 30mm, and find the tyres only rub in the arches occassionally.
There's a piece of plastic trim on the underside of the car at the front, which runs across the width of the car, and this does rub off the ground quite a bit.
Have you removed that bit of plastic? and what is intended for?
Cheers
Scott

1 - 19 of 19 Posts