MiniTorque.com banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When i got it it was standard as anything. No options, not even pepper pack!

since then she has had a lot of different looks!

i dont have a pic of when i first got her...but here is one of how she was...

but she had the standard 15" rims and no stripes or xenons!

first thing (regretably) was white stripes...and aero grille...

next stop...some 18" Inovit Aros wheels

to keep up with the 'sporty' look...cooper S front end (which i painted myself woop)

then lost the front arches...and buckled the 18s so had to have the 15s on the front

its hard to see the resembelance

quite embarrasing really lol

after getting a flat spot on one of my 18"s and driving round with 15"s on the front and 18"s on the back for 5 months i decided it was time to get a new pair of shoes and a new look. this is when i found out that the bolts i used to put the 18"s on (M14x1.5) were the wrong ones and that i needed M14x1.25 so bye bye to the thread on my hubs and hello to a new set of hubs and wheel bearings!

Got the new wheels on....

didnt look too bad like that but alot of room for improvement......so this is where the aero kit came in....

all lookes good...still something missing tho...so i got some chequerd mirrors...

not quite there.....so i got me some plastidip.....

de-chromed baby! still not there tho! needs some more work. it will come with time im sure :)
hope you all like her....i do! :D:D

almost forgot the exhaust!

went from standard, to a 4" big bore (horrid i know), now to a 3" slash cut - custom made wolfrace :)

oh..and as i had the aerodynamic bodykit....i figured....why ruin the aerodynamics with a square numberplate plinth....so i got a stick on numberplate! (which is reflective!)

then the new wheels & 30mm KW springs

BREMBOS

painted the boot handle PW

rear wiper delete and private plate

coilovers are coming on the weekend. then ive gotta save up for an audio upgrade!

sorry its a bit long but thats the story (or atleast most of it, im sure ive forgotten some bits)

look out for it in july - august MM magazine

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
thanks a lot mate :)

just found loads more pics with stuff i had forgotten about lol.

fitting brake ducts and front splitter

pretty much as she stands now

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well, i love being low and want to go down another 5-10mm on the front but not too sure it would be a good idea as yesterday i went over a speed bump....front bumper got caught and had to reverse off. the out come being my front bumper cracking at the join by the wheel arch:

i was extremely pissed of at this point. drove to halfrauds, got some aryldite and some mesh. got back, took the bumper off, plugged the soldering iron in and melted the back and sides back together and the bits where the arch clips into. then smothered in aryldite and placed over the mesh. its pretty sturdy but needs the front welding, smoothing and painting but that will have to wait till next year!

needs a clean i think? lol

good thing came out of it though - i managed to reattach my front splitter which got ripped off by a different speed bump, and reattached the brake ducts which had also come loose. while it was in the lounge also cut a sticker out because i was bored! lol

·
Premium Member
10,904 Posts
car looks great can i ask where you got your sticker plate from as i am in need of one :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts