MiniTorque.com banner

101 - 120 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Gave the MINI some TLC today, starting with the cabin filter. According to my advanced calculations the current filter was about 83 years old:

Old Cabin Filter by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Together with the new filter, went for an active carbon version:

Old vs New by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

The A-pillar has been making wind noises from 140km/h or so (depending on wind direction) ever since I got the car and the cover was cracked, so I replaced it with a new one and put new foam under there:

New A-Pillar Cover by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

And finished with washing AND vacuuming the car, ought to be enough for now... :D

Washed AND Vacuumed by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

Last week I added Cooper-trim to my Cooper-S-bumper and put Lamin-X on the side marker lights. I'm just waiting to get some stuff painted, and after that will start mounting exterior stuff:

Rear bumper so far by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
The drivers side mat was starting to get worn, but you can only get a set of 4 for the R50/R53. Apart from that, you can only get stock colors or the checkered flag JCW's. I read that R56 mats also fit, and you can get just the front pair, so I got a set of Urban mats with a dark grey pinstripe, to match the stitching on the Alcantara parts. :cool:

Urban Floor Mats by MartijnKoevoets, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Thanks! :) I came across a deal for another JCW-Sparco, 'forgotten' in a warehouse at a BMW-dealer, but it was 1.5x wat I paid for the driver seat and had blue inserts.

I also sent of my Orciari's, Aero-grills and GP-inserts to get painted, after that I can fit my S-bumpers! :cools:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #109

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

·
Registered
110 Posts
absolutely stunning example mate, love it just as it is! where did you get the red/white rear lights from?? I want some!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Yeah, I just had a (modded) Aero-grill color coded, will fit it when I'm fitting the Cooper-S-frontbumper/-skirts. Just have to find the time to pic them up, they're currently 150 miles from here in someone's shed... ;)

absolutely stunning example mate, love it just as it is! where did you get the red/white rear lights from?? I want some!
I got them from BMW Munich on Ebay.de, though they won't ship abroad. :( Got lucky because a mate of mine lived in Germany at that moment and took them here for me.

·
Rotrex FTW
959 Posts
Fitted a Cooper S rear bumper with color coded GP inserts from Orranje and smoked side marker lights:

Nice Martin! Can you please take a close up of the outer sides of the inserts? I'm about to install mine, but it's not 100% flush with the bumper. Just curious what it looks like as a norm.

101 - 120 of 949 Posts