MiniTorque.com banner

901 - 920 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #903
Its like Brigadoon in there, as a Scott and tartan enthusiast I approve.

These are my choices as they are my family tartans, I'm getting mine done in Hunting Stewart as it seems appropriate for the car and its use.

View attachment 90205
Had to look that one up... :thumbup1:

No family tartan for me I'm afraid, but with a beard, 6'5 and lacking social skills I guess I'd partly qualify for Scottish citizenship. :lol:

·
MiniTorqueGoesFinland
3,482 Posts
What's next, tartan bonnet stripes? Tartan dash wrap? Door cards? Headliner? Tartan trousers?

Actually I like the seats.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #918
Ordered a new cover, that turned up today. Shouldn't have bothered ordering new clips as well, came complete as-is:

(spot the lift-off-oversteer marks :laugh: )

All screws remained with the car, just like the clips:

Hope this one will stay put for a while:

Had a mate sort a fresh MOT, turns out it needed a fresh front left wheel bearing for this. Greatly reduced the vibration that I got at 75 mph, so guess it was overdue for a while. Also had to add some brake fluid recently, so had him check all brake lines. Turned out it was a leaky slave cilinder, so had that replaced as well.

A fresh fuel filter went in as well, guess it was still on the original one from 2002:

And fitted a hose to the expansion tank that dumps any fluid from the pressure overflow under the car:

Also had him move the drivers seat a little forward. It's on Cobreau sliders, but could mainly be moved further back instead of forward. That's been sorted, so my g/f can drive it as well if she feels the need to drive a fast MINI. :tongue_smilie:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #919
Forgot to mention: read on here that a rear brake pad mounted incorrectly can cause a mushy brake pedal. Had it checked, and sure enough, inner pad on the right hand side was worn at an angle. So had the read pads replaced, and pedal seems firmer now!

901 - 920 of 949 Posts