MiniTorque.com banner

801 - 820 of 949 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
Coolerworx tip: remove the spring stop completely.

There's already a centring spring for the R53/56 in the gearbox.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Coolerworx tip: remove the spring stop completely.

There's already a centring spring for the R53/56 in the gearbox.
The stock shifter has a centering spring but the travel ratio is different on the Coolerworx shifter (heavier and taller shaft) and thus it uses an appropriate spring suitable for the design + track abuse. I suggest leaving the Coolerworx as it is.

·
Premium Member
4,645 Posts
The stock shifter has no spring, the spring is inside the gearbox!

The spring in the Coolerworx is not necessary.

Sorry, I didn't post to start a debate, it's a tip. I'm aware of the ratio difference.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #805
Recently picked the MINI up again, and boy, does it make me happy with all of the new mods. Car feels stronger than ever with the new BPV, guess I've been missing out ever since the engine swap. Easily dusted a mate's F56S, just like the Misses' R57S. :cool:

Fitted a larger scoop before picking it up, not a big fan of the looks but it helps a lot. To divert attention from it, we tossed on the Aero-bumper my mechanic had laying around. Fitted with some Urban Outlaw stickers this is totally allowed in my opinion! :D The only purpose of this vehicle is making a smile appear on my face, and it does that job rather good!

Here's some pics shot by my girlfriend:

And I took a couple of interior shots:

I guess it all started with this key chain that was given to me by a befriended cameraguy, way before the bearded dude from Sheffield got super famous... :lol:

·
Bugger
25,313 Posts
Martin are you still running the stock R56 back box? What tips have you got as I took the stock R56 ones off as they were too large.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #817
Been having so much fun driving this lately, that I decided to take the MINI to my appointments instead of the Mégane. Was treated by the power steering quitting on me as I was parking... :glare:

Good thing I was close to my garage, so I swung by and was about to call the Misses to pick me up. My mechanic had other plans however, and quickly found a used pump in his parts bin:

Connector was full of water, and one of the pins had corroded to the point of breaking of:

Broken pin:

Got the part out of the plug after much fiddeling:

And fitted the used pump:

And so, against my expectations, I was able to head home in the MINI. Fucking MINI's... :lol:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just been looking trough the whole thread! Really liking what I'm seeing here! Keep it up! :)

About this post...

I did something similar to this on my old bmw e46. Guess you drilled on the backside of the doorsides to get this trim off? How did you reattached them when you were done?

·
Administrator
5,546 Posts
Just been looking trough the whole thread! Really liking what I'm seeing here! Keep it up! :)

About this post...

I did something similar to this on my old bmw e46. Guess you drilled on the backside of the doorsides to get this trim off? How did you reattached them when you were done?
There's pin on the back on the bit you want to paint that go through the door card and they've been melted to make a cap. I used a Dremel tool just to nip enough off that there was still at pin but the cap was gone. As long as you don't take off too much material you can then epoxy the pins back in place. Did mine a while back and they're not going anywhere

·
Registered
4 Posts
There's pin on the back on the bit you want to paint that go through the door card and they've been melted to make a cap. I used a Dremel tool just to nip enough off that there was still at pin but the cap was gone. As long as you don't take off too much material you can then epoxy the pins back in place. Did mine a while back and they're not going anywhere
Pretty much what I did on my e46. Drilled away the melted part of the pin. Put new fabric on the trim. Then, to secure the trim back in place, I put some really short wafer head screws into what's left of the pins. Seemed to hold very well!
The stress from pulling the door handle doesn't go on the pins/screw of the trim anyways :)

801 - 820 of 949 Posts