MiniTorque.com banner

701 - 720 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Done the exact same and cracked my old one on the way out lol! Good work looks good in black!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #706
Just take it slow and enjoy all steps of the journey. It's taken me almost five years to get it at this point. And I hope to keep modding it for many more years to come! :)

·
Premium Member
5,954 Posts
Just take it slow and enjoy all steps of the journey. It's taken me almost five years to get it at this point. And I hope to keep modding it for many more years to come! :)
Agree totally, the journey is part of the fun, I'm 13years into my journey and still nowhere near finished!!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #711
Last couple of jobs are being done now, including fitting a new windscreen this weekend. I swung by to fit my new steering wheel, a Momo MOD.07, because I wanted something a little bigger and with some dish to replace the OMP Targa. If it's good enough for the 996 / 997 Cup cars, it should be good enough for this MINI too. :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #713
Thanks! Surely wouldn't be my first choice if I had to pick one now, but I guess you've got to make due with what you've got... :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #715
The MINI need some maintenance and an MOT, so I dropped it of with Roel from GoGarage37 a while ago. He replaced and repaired lots of things, oil, spark plugs, etc, but also stuff like the clutch cilinder bracket on the gearbox and the cover plates on the door pulls, just to name some stuff. :thumbup1:

Also had him install more mods, because the exterior could do with a little more racekor. In a nutshell:
- splitter
- fender spacers
- GP2 diffuser
- Orranje G-Wing
- vortex generators

And so last thursday night it was waiting for me like this:

Do the aero mods make any difference? Probably not, but it does look faster, as confirmed by a undercover cop in a Polo while shooting these pics. :lol:

Picturedump:

Not a lot of changes in the interior, new steering wheels, red mats and the luggage net was fixed under the rear seat delete:

Ever since installing the Newman PH2 camshaft and JCW-injectors, the revs kept hanging in between gearshifts. It only happened with the wheels moving, so clearly a software issues. Had the car mapped by Beek, that improved things, but still far from perfect. VGS-mod also helped some, but only when coming of boost.

So I sourced a facelift-ECU with JCW210-software, and that has solved the issue! Couldn’t be happier with this… The facelift ECU clearly is a lot fast in all regards, car feels livelier and there are lots more pops and bangs a bonus!

Went for a small run last night, at it really feels great now. :thumbup1:

·
/Overcompensate
717 Posts
I like just about everything you have done so far, but those spaced fenders look broken.

In South Africa we would call it 'kak' aka shit.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #719
Kak is the same in Dutch (like much of our language I guess), but this MINI was never intended to please everyone! ;)

Diffusers are awesome! Whole car is awesome!

Is that the TRC splitter?

Also have you trimmed your rear metal arches?
Thnx! Yes on the TRC part, almost destroyed it on a devilishly high speedbump on the shakedown run last week, but it's mostly been repaired since. :lol: Fenders were folded out on the lip, but not trimmed.

701 - 720 of 949 Posts