MiniTorque.com banner

681 - 700 of 949 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #688
Bonnet bracing remained intact, the vents are positioned so that the original mounting points line up with some holes drilled in the bracing. :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #699
Seriously though, I kinda feared they would be terrible this time of year, even though the car isn't a daily driver any more. But they are better on cold and wet roads than the Hankook V12's they replaced. :)

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #700
As I shot the used car video a while ago, I noticed that the 3rd brake light wasn't working. Easy enough to replace: 3 Torx-screws, a connector and Bob's your uncle. Unless you've got a Cooper with spoiler, as MINI decided in all their wisdom to glue the spoiler over said light. :mads:

According to the internet, it might be possible to exchange it without removing the spoiler, so I went in search of a forklift... Didn't find any, so tried to lift he car by the spoiler by hand while my g/f did the fiddling (she's used to fiddling with small stuff, har har). Good thing the old light was broken anyway, so I ripped out the remaining piece with a screwdriver. VICTORY, VIOLENCE WINS AGAIN!!!

Figured I might as well fit a black light while I was at it:

681 - 700 of 949 Posts